Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the option to get a "used" 2011 2500 with 20k miles and all warranty or an 06 sport with 106k and lift/tires for $6000 less abouts. Which should I get? the payment on the 11 would stretch me I think but I would have all warranty and a long lasting truck that I know everything about. the 06 would be cheaper, already lifted, but higher miles and older. What do you guys think? this is my first ever truck purchase.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I would buy the new truck no question.

·
Stop Looking At Me!
389 Posts
a $6,000 difference is a $83 +/- on a 72 month loan? and also with that difference what are the prices? I would think either the 06 is over priced or a really good deal on the 11. But at the same time that if that extra is going to stretch you I wouldn't do it. Cause you never know what will happen!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the option to get a "used" 2011 2500 with 20k miles and all warranty or an 06 sport with 106k and lift/tires for $6000 less abouts. Which should I get? the payment on the 11 would stretch me I think but I would have all warranty and a long lasting truck that I know everything about. the 06 would be cheaper, already lifted, but higher miles and older. What do you guys think? this is my first ever truck purchase.
Which one do you want?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
756 Posts
It all depends on what the asking price is. Neither might be the better option, especially if it's stretching your budget.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went through the same thinking process when I decided I wanted a truck. My brother was in town with his 06 and we went and test drove some of the new ones. The new ones interior is just ridiculous when compared to the 06 in my opinion. So much better in and worth the cost to me.

I am also a very skeptical person so unless the 06 is coming from someone you KNOW took excellent care of the truck I would be hesitant to buy it or you could find yourself fixing a lot of things.. I don't NEED a truck at this time just more of a really want so my decision was to wait till it wouldn't stretch myself thin and order one exactly how I want it. Also don't know what kind of deal you are getting on the 11 but I can't find one that meets what I want for any cheaper then ordering one exactly how I want. Just some food for thought but I would buy the new one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The 6k difference for a truck with 80,000 less miles, a nicer interior and has warranty would be enough for me

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
the 11 is 34900
06 is 26500

I test drove the 06 today and i didn't like it...it had a broken mirror, a few dents, dirty headliner, broken driver side speakers.... drove pretty weird and the mud grapplers were loud and pointless for me.

i sign tomorrow for the 11

·
Stop Looking At Me!
389 Posts
well congrats! Lets see some pics!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.