Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Ram 2500, 4×4 QCLB. EZLYNK with MotorOps tunes, deleted, 5" exhaust, Wehrli 4" intake
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've previously owned several 5.9L dodges but just jumped into my first 6.7L yesterday. A beautiful 2010 2500 CC LB 4x4 Laramie. So far, I've run into two issues. I was told it used DEF but there's no fill port next to the fuel fill port... I just found out earlier today that i have no heater (blows air but no hot). So I'll be poking around at that. I have spotted some metal tubing that hooks up to my stock exhaust but I'm not familiar with the kind of technology that these newer Rams have. Any insight or advice would be great! Looking to increase my MPG but not sure if i need to do an EGR delete, because I'm an idiot hahaha Thanks!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
No DEF until the 2013 models

·
Mike @ Dude's Diesel Performance
2013 Ram 2500 CCLB - A long list of extras
789 Posts
So I've previously owned several 5.9L dodges but just jumped into my first 6.7L yesterday. A beautiful 2010 2500 CC LB 4x4 Laramie. So far, I've run into two issues. I was told it used DEF but there's no fill port next to the fuel fill port... I just found out earlier today that i have no heater (blows air but no hot). So I'll be poking around at that. I have spotted some metal tubing that hooks up to my stock exhaust but I'm not familiar with the kind of technology that these newer Rams have. Any insight or advice would be great! Looking to increase my MPG but not sure if i need to do an EGR delete, because I'm an idiot hahaha Thanks!!
Pic of metal tubing? Likely exhaust back pressure sensor or something. Congrats on the new ride (y)

·
Registered
564 Posts
My 2011, which is the same as your description of your 2010, made 11.3-14.4 mpg when new empty on hwy. I had it deleted and tuned with less than 3,000 miles on the clock. The only regret I have is using the H&S mini maxx programmer. The truck made 23 mpg after an engine break in running the same highways, well unless bucking serious wind, but never made less than mid 17. The trade off for incredible power and fuel economy was the tune compromised the head gasket. I now have the truck tuned with a less aggressive EZlynk tune. My truck runs good but it isn’t the rocket it was when running the mini, and mileage is 18-19.

Reactions: ruffnek18

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
Pic of metal tubing? Likely exhaust back pressure sensor or something. Congrats on the new ride (y)
DPF differential pressure transmitter tubing.

·
Registered
2010 Ram 2500, 4×4 QCLB. EZLYNK with MotorOps tunes, deleted, 5" exhaust, Wehrli 4" intake
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No DEF until the 2013 models
Does that mean that if I straight pipe it, i wont have to install a delete kit? Newer trucks are confusing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to work on getting a pic and figuring how to upload it onto the forum.. I'm not tech savvy :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DPF differential pressure transmitter tubing.
Thanks, i think i need to go buy a hanes manual soon so i can at least get an idea of what im looking at on this damn fancy truck haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I have a 12. You’re more than likely looking at the sensors through the exhaust pipe. You will need to tune the truck if you intend on deleting it and/or straight piping it.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts