Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

nerf bars

997 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Davcruz
lookin for wheel to wheel nerf bars for 02 quad cab in stainless,,, any suggestions
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Where are you located?

· Registered
5 Posts

· Registered
628 Posts
These are the ones I am doing but Im doing them in black. I think you can get them in stainless. N Fab.

· Registered
628 Posts
Heres a pic of a guys truck from the forums. I know they are black buy they look really good on our trucks. I like them a lot better than the plain ones.

· Registered
668 Posts
Hey, that's my truck! :)

Mine are N-Fab and they are available in the wheel to wheel config also. Just cost about $150 more and have 3 steps instead of the 2 on mine.

FYI, when my set came in the first time the instructions listed them as being 3rd gen, so I sent them back to the distributor for the "correct" set for a 2nd gen. Guess what, the "correct" set showed up and was the same part number as the first set but had instructions for a 2nd gen.....I guess they are same.

Additionally, I was unhappy with the way they just mounted to the pinch rail. A bit too much flex for me. So I made some brackets that we welded to the back side of the steps and bolted to the underside of the cab. Solid as a rock now!

· Registered
2,164 Posts
Hey, that's my truck! :)

Additionally, I was unhappy with the way they just mounted to the pinch rail. A bit too much flex for me. So I made some brackets that we welded to the back side of the steps and bolted to the underside of the cab. Solid as a rock now!
they mount to the pinch? WTH? :banghead: i didnt expect that.

· Registered
668 Posts
Yep, they have 3 "blocks" for lack of a better word that are basically box steel sections. They are welded to the bar are almost equal points and they have holes through them. You drill 6 holes through the pinch weld and bolt them up. They are not going anywhere, but they do have a bit of flex. I think there is another manufacturer that make a very similar step that uses the same mount style and the Carr steps that have been around forever mount that way also.

Also, if I am not mistaken Smittybilt bought N-Fab.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.