Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have an edge juice with attitude cts on my 05 and was wondering if i left the map and data port hooked up but left the stock wiring to the injectors, stock as in not using the edges couplers just leave them unhooked and just use the stock plugs. Could I run my smarty with timing safely and still have the edge for my gauges such as rail boost and egt and not throw any codes?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I believe you can un hook all of that and just plug into obd 2

·
Registered
590 Posts
The obd 2 port. The map connection and the other connection are parts of the tuning side of the edge

·
Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
3,754 Posts
Leave the pyro still hooked up as well. CTS makes an excellent monitor, and can be set up to control your Smartys PoD.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard a rumor even with the edge at 0 it still doesn't completely put the timing on stock. Can you convert and edge with attitude to an insight relatively cheap? What all would it take?

·
Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
3,754 Posts
Unplugging the juice module.

·
Bangin' through the gears
5,184 Posts
I didn't unhook my module. Everything stayed connected just ran it on the stock setting. As far as mileage I've never noticed a mileage gain or drop from anything I've done. I still get pretty much identical mileage as when my pickup was stock. Sans when I have my foot in it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My edge CTS with attitude won't work unless it can connect with the juice module. But I would bet it will still work fine with the injector plugs not plugged in. (Just the stock wiring as you stated previously).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I run my CS monitor and J/W/A just for the gauge's, set it on stock or 0 and load the Smarty tune, you will be fine, just don't try and run both at the same time!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts