Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2002 H.O. 6 speed and 80,000 miles on it with a stock head bolts and a leaking head gasket. I currently have a super b single, 75 ddp injectors, juice with attitude hot download, bd intercooler and boots, stock intake elbow on motor, s&b intake, 4" turbo back, and a 650hp southbend clutch. I also have 100hp bd injectors if i need more fuel.
I was wondering what I should do in terms of type of gasket(thickness and marine gasket or not). I'm going to do studs, head gasket, valve springs, maybe a cam, three piece bd manifold, and a bigger single or possibly twins.
Any sugestions on what cam, what make and model of turbo/s, springs, gasket, and possibly the intake elbow. The truck currently runs awesome make 41lbs of boost hence the head gasket water leak. I just want it to run good, keep egts low if I do ever tow with it and get way better mileage. I don't want to spend tons of unnecessary money I want to get the best bang for the buck. And if there is anything else that anyone thinks I should do I'm all ears.
Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have a Bd flowmax lift pump and a remote fuel filter on it so supply should be fine.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
hence the head gasket water leak.
Head gasket failure wasn't from your mods per say but from the lack of coolant changes. As antifreeze ages over time it becomes acidic or basic and will eat the gaskets, oil cooler, heater core and oh yeah the radiator. So you head gasket failure is from the pure lack of maintance not because of mods IMHO...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
mine has always been maintained more that properly but the head bolds had stretched..so it leaked..lol i did a stud kits and that resolved it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.