Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 dually 4 10s 5 speed completely stock just bought it from a friend he is a trucker known him all my life not been mistreated or anything and trying to figure out what to do first it has approx 1000,00 miles on it so with in the next 20 or30 thousand miles ill need a pump im sure and I am new to the game dont know what to do, so help would be much appreciated,thanks

Brandon

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just a good reliable work truckwith a little extra boost. maybe a little to plat with

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
i would do aftermarket fuel system or high pressure fuel pump. Becuase the fatal flaw in the 24V is the lift pump. And a Edge or quadzilla chip is good choice because with both you have the option to get guages.

Tyler

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok my father in law has a 99 3/4 ton with edge comp box and I want braggin rights.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lright then that sounds good ill try and get some prices together

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
Thread is in the wrong forum....

The Quad adrenaline is very impressive. But you'll also want to do some trans upgrades before you go romping around with that.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
heres a good order of mods

1. guages
2. CAI
3. free flow exhaust
4. FASS/HPFP/or comparable product
5. module (edge j w/a, adrenaline, etc)
6. Valve body and torque converter(good for 550 hp or so
7. somewhere in the range of 100-150 hp injectors
8. turbo upgrade

throw a programmer in the mix and there are some other various goodies that you will want to improve the solidity of the engine after all the mods

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
he has a manual, so he dont need the valve body or torque converter.
woops..didnt catch that..in that case a good dual disk clutch and youll be at about the same stage

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry still figuring this out if they want to move it fine with me

·
Vendor
8,527 Posts
~100hp injectors
clutch southbend OFE
adrenaline with pulse gauges
at least big line kit, airdog is better
... consider a turbo upgrade or run yours and expect to get another ~30-50k miles out of it.
going over 100HP you will slip your stock clutch.
I have been where you are, just make sure your system is matched.

·
Registered
401 Posts
do the pump first, i reccommend an airdog 150, but fass 150 has always made a great system

·
Vendor
8,527 Posts
airdog 150 is for over 600HP and it is recommended that you install a larger tube like a draw straw from the tank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts