Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to load my PMT and I might have done something dumb.. I thought I was doing something wrong and it went to load onto the truck computer or such and I turned the key off...... Now the PMT wont come back on...... I have tried several things.... is someone out there I can call to get this rolling...... Thanks

· Registered
1,592 Posts
mine did the same thing it ended up being the head unit not much I can help you with but had to take mine to the bully dog

· Registered
2,285 Posts
Trying to load my PMT and I might have done something dumb.. I thought I was doing something wrong and it went to load onto the truck computer or such and I turned the key off...... Now the PMT wont come back on...... I have tried several things.... is someone out there I can call to get this rolling...... Thanks
What all have you tried? Did yuo turn it off right in the middle of a download?

· Registered
1,650 Posts
FIrst off, make sure its sitting properly in the cradle, second,if it doesnt power up in the cradle, bring it into the house and plug it to the USB and see of that powers up, if it does, you have a loose power wire or something either in the cradle or in your fuse box.

when I first loaded my PMT into the truck, the bullydog symbol came up then went away, i tried the things i mentioned above and it didnt work, ended up being a faulty head unit, sent it back, and got a new one.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What all have you tried? Did yuo turn it off right in the middle of a download?
I don't think it was in a down load, but I do think it was "thinking" and about to 'talk' to the truck and I did turn the key off.. At the time I thought I caught it before it 'started' and I thought I was doing something wrong... I think I know now that it was probably working properly until the head unit took a poop...

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FIrst off, make sure its sitting properly in the cradle, second,if it doesnt power up in the cradle, bring it into the house and plug it to the USB and see of that powers up, if it does, you have a loose power wire or something either in the cradle or in your fuse box.

when I first loaded my PMT into the truck, the bullydog symbol came up then went away, i tried the things i mentioned above and it didn't work, ended up being a faulty head unit, sent it back, and got a new one.

Thanks for your post..... Yea for sure I tried all that and No-Go... even bringing it into the office and plugging into a PC... No-Go... I will call them on Monday and probably shipping it back then too..... Thanks again !

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
Before you ship it of, check the cable connector. The one the head unit plugs into has been know to hve wires break off inside. Poor design. Pop off the little cover and look for broken wires.
Several of us have had problems in there.

· Registered
2,285 Posts
Before you ship it of, check the cable connector. The one the head unit plugs into has been know to hve wires break off inside. Poor design. Pop off the little cover and look for broken wires.
I beleive it was some of the ones that had the short power wire that had the cradle problems.

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
I beleive it was some of the ones that had the short power wire that had the cradle problems.
Mine had the long power wire. The replacement cradle had the short wire. :thumbsup:
I don't think the power wire is related. Poor design, no matter which lot it was made in.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before you ship it of, check the cable connector. The one the head unit plugs into has been know to have wires break off inside. Poor design. Pop off the little cover and look for broken wires.

YES, the pink wire is off... but I cant seam to see where it was connected... Can anyone tell me if the pink wire is suppose to be soldered to the board... ?

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine had the long power wire. The replacement cradle had the short wire. :thumbsup:
I don't think the power wire is related. Poor design, no matter which lot it was made in.

Ive checked the power at the connector and it does have power... the only think I see 'a-miss' is the pink wire hanging... just to make my self clear, the pink is coming down the wire bundle to the board, all the wires are soldered on the board BUT the pink... not sure if it came connected? Do you know ? Thank you for your help !

· Registered
2,285 Posts
Ive checked the power at the connector and it does have power... the only think I see 'a-miss' is the pink wire hanging... just to make my self clear, the pink is coming down the wire bundle to the board, all the wires are soldered on the board BUT the pink... not sure if it came connected? Do you know ? Thank you for your help !
All the wires are connected, that wire is probably your issue and i believe that was the exact one that failed on others.

· Registered
1,592 Posts

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
Don't bother sending it in just for a broken wire.
Send a PM to fastcanuck. I'm not able to find his thread. It had pics of where the wire goes and how he made it so it wouldn't happen again.
Soldering the wire is wayyyyy cheaper than the shipping to & from BD Pplus the downtime. :thumbsup:

Found it.
Heres' the thread with pic links
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6...-discussion/108925-borrowed-pmt-quit-doh.html

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't bother sending it in just for a broken wire.
Send a PM to fastcanuck. I'm not able to find his thread. It had pics of where the wire goes and how he made it so it wouldn't happen again.
Soldering the wire is wayyyyy cheaper than the shipping to & from BD Pplus the downtime. :thumbsup:

Found it.
Heres' the thread with pic links
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6...-discussion/108925-borrowed-pmt-quit-doh.html
THANKS BUD ! Do you or maybe someone reading this have a picture or schematics for the colors and where they go... ? I carefully looked at the pink wire and the connection and it looks as if there are two open holes that have not been soldered into... Do you know if the pink wire goes in one of those holes? Or can someone tell me the two colors of wires next to where the pick wire is suppose to be placed? I just don't see where it goes? Maybe im just "slow" and blind!

THANK YOU for your help ! By the way do you have the 1016 software you might be able to fire over to me... I believe this has been the best software with the PMT.. I have a really old flash so I think I can use one of the 'old' better software packages...

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone have a picture of the harness where the PINK wire goes ? Mine broke and I don't know where it goes back too..... Thanks

THANKS BUD ! Do you or maybe someone reading this have a picture or schematics for the colors and where they go... ? I carefully looked at the pink wire and the connection and it looks as if there are two open holes that have not been soldered into... Do you know if the pink wire goes in one of those holes? Or can someone tell me the two colors of wires next to where the pick wire is suppose to be placed? I just don't see where it goes? Maybe im just "slow" and blind!

THANK YOU for your help ! By the way do you have the 1016 software you might be able to fire over to me... I believe this has been the best software with the PMT.. I have a really old flash so I think I can use one of the 'old' better software packages...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.