Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the White Knight backup lights from Genos.

I found in the forum that White with green is the backup wire and red with black is the 12v.

I connected like that but they don't work.

Are my wire colors wrong. Anything I should look for?

Does anyone know of a better way to splice into the existing wiring? Those little clamp things that cut into the wire seemed kinda cheap.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
The red wire is going to be your 12V pos unswitched source. You could find that in the charge circuit in your trailer receptacle. The black is obviously the ground and the odd color is for the backup circuit. As long as your connections are good, it should work. Check the 12V source you might have a blown fuse depending on where you got power from. As far as a better way to splice the wire, soldering is the best way but it can be a pain. When I make splice connections I use T-taps. They work well and they are easy to use and remove if you need to take them off later. Most auto parts store will carry them. Here is a link to Grainger to show you what they look like. Hope this helps you.

Grainger Industrial Supply: Connector,Blue,18-14AWG,PK50 1A074

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just found the hot wire from the seven pin and reverse as well with a simple light tester and tapped into those on the backside of the plug!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts