Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is getting at best 13 mpg unloaded on the highway, about 11 mpg in town, and 8 mpg with 37' fifth wheel attached. A friend of mine says a buddy of his, a Dodge mechanic, put a chip on his and is getting 22 mpg. It seems a lot of guys bone stock are getting high teens.

I don't really want to spend a bunch of money, maybe $1000 at most. Seems like the easiest would be a programmer.

Please let me know which one is the best right now for the 6.7.

Or, should I wait til they improve?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Look at the TS MP-8 and an intake. Save a little more and get a DPF delete.

·
Registered
331 Posts
MP-8, intake, DPF delete and EGR delete. Your looking at 2k though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I just get the MP-8, think that will increase my mileage by 2 or 3 mpg or more? I do have a heavy foot.

Thanks for all the replies, this forum is awesome.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
It will help, but like most chips or mods, heavy foot = poor mileage.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My only mod is the MP-8. According to the overhead it has increased my mpg by about 2.5-3. But I haven't had it on long enough to get any hand calculated data. This seems to be about what most people are experiencing with it.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Like the others have said, most people see a 2mpg gain but a lot of it has to do with driving style.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, I ordered it with A-pillar guages will be here next week. I will let you know how it goes. Got a 1,000 mile trip scheduled with the 37' fifth wheel next weekend. I will put it to the test right out of the chute..

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Biggest Differance I Got Pulling 7000#was 4 Mpg,just By Dropping A K&n Filter In Thre Place Of The Paper One, This Was On A 98 24v Quad 373 Gears.some Of The New Intakes Might Be Better Than Just A Filter.i How Ever Did Not Get Any Change In Milage When I Was Not Towing ,i Got The Same!it Only Seemed To Help When The Motor Was Working Harder .

G

·
Is running the mp-8 without the dpf delete asking for trouble down the road? Or do you guys think it would be ok?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts