Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

need some help

411 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  catch2otwo
so i am going back to srw on my 98.5. I tried to get the adapters off with a wrench today but no go. I brought it to some garages but basically got the run around as to why it cant be done or we have no time bs. So how do i get these things off. do i need to go get an electric impact? theres not much space between the nuts and the outer flange. so im not sure if a socket will fit in there, unless they make reg depth impact sockets.

Also the nuts that are holding the adapter on are 7/8 while the nuts holding the wheel on are 15/16. will i need to get new lug nuts too?

sorry for the long post, im so tired of running around just to get my wheels on. :banghead:

thanks in advance
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
360 Posts
there should be pre-drilled holes on the outside of the adapters between each wheel stud, take a short socket and stick it on the bolt, take your ratchet extention and slide it threw the holes and press it in the socket. u can have sumone in the cab to hold the brake peddle down or just take a long pipe or pry bar and wedge it between the wheel studs and the ground so that the hub dont spin while your trying to break the bolts loose....hope this helps.

· Registered
4,160 Posts
your better off with some kind of a 1/2 inch drive breaker bar or something, you can get more grunt by hand that any electric impact

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.