Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im buying a edge juice with attitude for my 03 ram 2500 and was wondering where to put the probe at? I know in the exhaust lol But any pics where you guys usally install them at?? And do you just drill a hole or how do they install?? thanks!!

·
Out There, Savin' Lives
521 Posts
This is where most are put.

Look through here and find the EGT placement.

Gauge Information

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cause on my 06 it was on the down pipe from the turbo a few inches back, now i have put these in turbo cars before but the fileings from when you drill through the manifold will not hurt the turbo right??? Maby a shop vac and try and suck it up best i can when im done drilling??Once you drill do you tap the hole???

·
Out There, Savin' Lives
521 Posts
If you look close, you will see a plug in the downpipe. I was getting anywhere from 100*-300* difference after moving the pyrometer. Yes, a shopvac will help with removing alot of the shavings from the drilling ans tapping. When you are done drilling and tapping, use a magnet to clean out as much as you can. Then start your truck and let it idle and that should blow the shavings out. Or you can disassemble the turbo from the manifold, drill and tap, then remount the turbo.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I put mine in the "collector" like pictured when i drilled mine i used grease on the bit and tap, while drilling just before it broke thru i fired the truck up to blow out rest of shavings. Make sure you get the tip of the prob in the middle of the exhaust flow, meaning not so far in its almost touching the wall of the manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Reactions: runninlean

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I put mine in the "collector" like pictured when i drilled mine i used grease on the bit and tap, while drilling just before it broke thru i fired the truck up to blow out rest of shavings. Make sure you get the tip of the prob in the middle of the exhaust flow, meaning not so far in its almost touching the wall of the manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Ditto! drill till almost make penetration then start the truck let idle and use grease on the drill bit and tap it the same way. (note wear safety glasses for the flying shavings)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts