Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in the Thornton or northern Denver metro that could help with the DPF Delete Sunday morning? Ive done the EGR and got most of the pipe removed but need an impact wrench on the crossmember, which I dont have, and the stock clamp. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. Ill pay you, buy you beer, dinner or whatever. Let me know.

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,750 Posts
So you are wanting to remove the stock exhaust/DPF system or finish the removal of your EGR?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the DPF. I already got the EGR done...

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,750 Posts
Is Sunday the only day you can do it? I ask because I can lend a hand, but I cant Sunday....

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sure I can make another day work. Which are good for you? My in-laws are in town, so I have to spend every waking moment with them, which is why I was aming for sun morn while they will be out to breakfast and lunch with other fam.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
what time sunday are we talking? I have to take my kids to a bday party @ 11 so i would have to be done by 9:30 or so so I can clean up and get my kids ready. I can help early though! I have a compressor and some air tools and live in north thornton. What size fasteners are you trying to get off?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome and thanks! The earlier the better for me. I was hoping to get working on it by 0800. I think the clamp is a 15mm (deep socket) and the tranny xmember is maybe a 19mm socket, but I didnt have any sockets big enough to fit it so im not 100% sure. I have most of the rusted parts taken off so it should go quick.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I will go to work tomorrow and get some tools. I will also pm you my cell number so we can plan this out. I live basically 136th and washington.

Reactions: ctate

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,750 Posts
ctate, Justin is a good guy and knows his stuff. Sorry I couldnt lend a hand Sunday morning, but it should take you guys no time at all! Good luck!

·
Hide your cats!
5,113 Posts
what a good group of guys!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Xmember bolts have a 18mm head and a 21mm nut. 15mm for tranny mount bolts and the clamp at the turbo is 11mm. 3 bolt flange at the front of the DPF is 15mm.

Hope that helps. Make sure to support the trany/tcase well when you pull the xmember.

Reactions: ctate

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what a good group of guys!
Seriously!! I wasnt expecting anyone to respond but thank you 1badram06 for offering and thanks to justutt67 for helping out. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
ctate how's that truck running with the delete? It was nice to meet you also!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man, the truck runs soooo much better! Im lovin it! Ive tried all the levels, 40 70 100hp and have been running the 100hp sw with no issues. I dont drive it hard though. I like that I barley have to put any throttle imput to get it up to speed. The first time I merged onto the hwy, I was running the 70hp sw and was amazed of how the truck got up to speed without really any effort. The tranny doesnt "shudder" anymore since I added the smarty jr. When we did the DPF delete, I had a little less than half a tank of fuel. I was filling it up around 380-390mi. im already at 415ish miles and its barely passed a 1/4 tank, so mileage has improved greatly. I might end up like you and doing some more mods. the power is kinda addicting.

Thanks again for your help man and it was great meeting you too! as soon as the new house is built, we will have you and your fam over for some dinner.

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,750 Posts
Well now that you are addicted to the power, keep us posted and when you want to add some more goodies, let me know! Congrats on the new found MPG's and POWER!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yeah the power is hard to resist! I started with the smarty jr and told myself thats all I would ever do now i'm close to 700hp if not over and im still trying to curb the urge to modify!:S:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got to come by and check your truck out one of these days soon

·
Hide your cats!
5,113 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts