Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im about 5 hours from the house, changed my oil yesterday! Now I stop to eat and I got a ton of oil on the undercarrige of my truck, its coming out of the cranks case tube, what's causing this? I put 2 1/2 gallons of oil in it which is what I use every time...help please.....can I just add oil and make it home?

·
SuperModerator
10,596 Posts
These Trucks need 3 gal of Oil for an OC, So you are always 2 quarts low, Not good for the Engine.

Check the Oil level, Check if it smells like Diesel.
If it is over filled and smells like Diesel, you have an Injector problem... Do not drive it at all....

If its low and No Diesel smell, add some oil and go from there...
Blowing out the tube maybe a sign of bad rings from running with out a proper amount of Oil.

·
Registered
508 Posts
:agree2: takes 3 gallons total capacity.. and YES smell oil if diesel smell tow to closest shop for repairs or back home.... sounds like u have a mechanical problem though. dont think the low oil level caused this one... :thumbsup:

·
Hide your cats!
5,100 Posts
could be the #4 injector line came loose. check stickeys on powertrain threads! the injector line comes loose and does just that dumpes fuel all over the undercarriage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts