Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I would like some help on buying another cummins and I figured this would be the place to do it. I currently have an 06 ram 2500 cummins 4x4 auto SB, but I am moving to Oklahoma this winter to race motocross, so I need something a little cheaper, better mpg, and most importantly reliable. I will be pulling a 10,000 lb (loaded) bumper pull travel trailer with another 600 or so lbs in the box. Basically, I want a truck that has proven reliability and can tow decent. I have heard good things about the 12 valve`s, so I was looking at some 97/98 ram 3500 dually`s with under 100k miles..I know I dont need a dually but its easier to find a longbox that way. My dad has a 98 12 valve 2500 long box with about 200,000 miles and no problems, but we wish it had a little more power for towing up hills. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
every truck is a little different..check around on ebay and craigslist and see whats around you..one way to find out what you want is to find out what you dont want:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hello there, I would like some help on buying another cummins and I figured this would be the place to do it. I currently have an 06 ram 2500 cummins 4x4 auto SB, but I am moving to Oklahoma this winter to race motocross, so I need something a little cheaper, better mpg, and most importantly reliable. I will be pulling a 10,000 lb (loaded) bumper pull travel trailer with another 600 or so lbs in the box. Basically, I want a truck that has proven reliability and can tow decent. I have heard good things about the 12 valve`s, so I was looking at some 97/98 ram 3500 dually`s with under 100k miles..I know I dont need a dually but its easier to find a longbox that way. My dad has a 98 12 valve 2500 long box with about 200,000 miles and no problems, but we wish it had a little more power for towing up hills. Any help is appreciated!
First off it's hard to believe you found 10-11 year old duallies with under 100,000 miles on them.

Second, there are plenty of aftermarket hopup parts for the 12 valve Cummins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts