Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all just picked up a 98.5 Cummins with 183,000 for 6500 and I love the truck and been wondering what I should do to it first. I don't wanna roll coal just if someone is riding me then to punch it and give em a lil smoke. But other then the smoke what do u guys recommend to do? Any and all help or advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
764 Posts
Try the search function, bud. You'll find a plethora of info on this forum. What to do first will be something along these lines:

1. Lift pump
2. Gauges
3. Tranny/clutch

After that, options are endless. All depends on what your goals for the truck are.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The reason swtjames23 says the first three things to get are
1. lift pump because honestly the stock pump sucks so the aftermarket pump will keep fuel going to the vp.
2. gauges to make sure everything is at the correct temp and pressure. The three main mechanical gauges most people have are turbo boost/fuel pressure/and exhaust temp but since you have an auto, i would definitely get a tranny temp gauge also.
3. Since you have an auto, you should definitely build you tranny to hold the hp

Hopefully that helps a little

·
Registered
582 Posts
I don't wanna come off as rude to a new member asking for help, but spend some time reading. There is a TON of great info here and on MoparMan's site (Mopar1973Man's Dodge Cummins Articles - Home Page). Our search feature leaves a little to be desired, but it's there. Best of luck with the new rig, sounds like you found a good one though.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
You need to do your research if you bought a cummins and don't know what a lift pump is your in for a long ride, not trying to be a jerk but don't you people research before you buy something

1 - 10 of 10 Posts