Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I just had to get a tranny rebuild done on my truck and I'm wondering if I put a goerend triple disc converter on how much hp would my tranny hold? or would it be better to put the valve body on first?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Do both at the same time. Might as well get it all done if youre doing tranny work. Theres dudes around here holding 450hp on a stock rebuild with converter and valve body upgrades. Boosted launches will snap your input shaft tho, so drive it like an adult and it can last forever.

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,195 Posts
well that tc will hold over 800+ but you have to have the support for it...bite the bullet and shell out for the whole thing right now. you'll only pay labor once and wont have to worry about your trans anymore. if you are on a supe budget though, at least get the tc and the vb....how much power are you looking for?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well rite now I'm just trying to beef it up on a tight budget but eventually I'm wanting to get around 600-750 or so horsepower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.