Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am just getting into the diesel power game. So I have some questions and would like some advice. Is it better for a person to get a good box first before injectors or does it matter which goes first. I am wondering this because Xtreme Diesel has a killer price on the Quad right now, and I believe this is the box I am set on getting. If not I think I would go with a set of Farmboy 100s. Due to the fact they are both in same price range. I am really not interested in a monitor because I have gauges already. Another thing I am curious about is the transmission upgrades I should do. My tranny was rebuilt stock about 6k miles ago. I am going to put a valvebody in before I get either a box or sticks. But what I am unsure of is if a person needs to get a tc if they are gonna be fairly easy on it or would the box or sticks be to much for the stock tc? As always any replies or advice is appreciated. Thanks, Jon

· Registered
217 Posts
all depends on how much power ur tryin to get out of it me personally i would build ur tranny up first before i start doin anything, but if u just plan on puttin a chip, intake, exhaust thats it than u should be fine with stock for now, but if u wanna do like sticks, chip, pump, bigger fuel , and turbo i would build the tranny for it, like better internals, torq Converter,and valve body, and deeper pan and bigger cooler to make it cool better, Maybe a TC lock up box again just my .02 thou hope this helps

· Registered
217 Posts
Since you already have a EZ I would just get a TST to stack with it instead of an adrenaline. As for the tranny you should do a TC and VB
:agree2: that works to

· Registered
792 Posts
When you talk about getting into the power game. What kind of power do you want. What do you want to do with the truck, pull or drag (street).

Sounds like you already got guages. What about fuel. What do you have for that. Stock or FASS.

Really, if you want to get into the power thing you should do your trans first. Decide on what you want to do with the truck then talk to a tranny builder. There is a lot of options for a tranny, money wise. If you can aford to do the trans then the rest will follow easier.

Oh, now get rid of that stupid smoke switch and make some power while doing it.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a FASS 150 on the truck. Would the tst stack make me as much or more with than the quad. And I would like to have a potent daily driver as far as hp i am not sure probably 300-400 would be a good range for me.

· Registered
2,339 Posts
Our trucks aren't always a good base to start off on (compared to newer ones), but once you conquer the imperfections in these trucks, they're a total blast and very reliable. I x2 the idea of stacking the Ez with a tst I hear they are a good stack. Be sure your tranny will hold up to the power you are throwing at it so you won't have to ever look back when throwing more hp at it. You have a good pump, which is the first to do, then upgrade the tranny, get the tst, ect. If you want to hit 400hp, get 100hp injectors after doing everything else. Just my .02

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright so I should look into getting a good vb and tc. At the power ramnge I am aiming for is it necessary to get any billet shafts or is that overkill? As far as the vb and tc who has good products?

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
oh also which level of tst powermax do you recommend? I was just looking around on tst website and in the swapmeet section and the tst semms like it goes for enough and really not all that nice looking or as nice as the quad. As far as my ez goes it came with the trcuk when i bought it so I am not married to it by no means. So if I could sell it for like 150 I would only have to pay 300 bucks and have a very strong box. Or do you think the stack is a better power option and as cost efficient?

· Registered
622 Posts
from what i here the tst/ez(timing box) stack is awesome. that is my plans, the tst to go with my powrer puck an then eventually trade the puck for a ts mvp. my budy has the adrenaline an its ok but i wasnt all that impressed. he barely beet me in a race an my puck only cost me $50 used compared to his $650

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.