Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help in changing my front shocks out, anyone link me to a writeup or just give advice. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Remove the bottom bolt, remove the 3 bolts holding the top shock tower on to the frame, slide the whole assembly up and out. Take the top shock nut off, change shock. Reverse procedure to install. It's really easy.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove the bottom bolt, remove the 3 bolts holding the top shock tower on to the frame, slide the whole assembly up and out. Take the top shock nut off, change shock. Reverse procedure to install. It's really easy.
Thanks a million i was hoping not having to pull the spring out:thumbsup

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just changed my whole front suspension, so I will suggest this: jack the front up under the axle, put jack stands at the frame, and lower the front axle with the floor jack to get the suspension to full droop, then perform the above procedure. You won't have to worry about the shock tower nuts getting in a bind from the shock pressure, or the tower springing up at you if you get them off, and you won't have to compress the shock to install it.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
remove the driver's side battery that will make removal and re-instillation sooo much easier and it takes less then 5 mins to do.....and the rest as everyone else said is pretty simple

1 - 5 of 5 Posts