Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 06 Ram w/44k mi's. I want to run some b20. Is there any concerns I should be aware of? Second question, Off road fuel...I know its illegal, is anyone running off road fuel mixed with bio? Im new to the diesel world so Im learning. Any input would be great...Thanks

·
Diesel Junkie
4,685 Posts
Off road has die in it, as far as I know,thats basically the only difference.
Cold weather is the only time I hear of people having issues with B20.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ran B20 in my 04.5 for quite a while...I switched back and forth every now and then just to change it up. The first couple of tanks weren't impressive...but after things cleaned up...:peelout

I haven't ran it in the 06 lately, but maybe I'll throw a tank or two this summer. Prices around here higher then petro and since there's only one place that i know of in my area, don't know that they're getting rid of it fast enough to give me a piece of mind about what's in their tank. Knowhattamean?

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
I agree with TrueValue Truck. Dyed fuel is just that, dyed. No differences otherwise and it will run fine. Just don't get caught. If your B20 is coming from a reputable source, you should have no issues. Be aware that biodiesel has tremendous solvent properties and will clean out your tank and fuel system. Plan on changing out your fuel filter after 5k miles of using B20, and keep an eye on it more frequently than usual for a while. You are probably going to see that filter get dirty quicker than usually until things clean out of your tank. Luckily your tank isn't that old, so you won't have the sludge loosening and filter clogging issues that older trucks have see.

Bottom line, watch your fuel filter at first and I think you'll be just fine running B20.

-Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts