Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Dodge after 7+ years with Powerstokes. Just got a 07(5.9) 3500 dually really like it, but I'm not seeing the mileage I thought I would. Ordered an Edge Juice w/ Att. thinking it would help mpg's as well as power and it seems it went down.
I received the programmer minutes before going to Florida so I thought I would leave it off going down and log the mileage. (16.5 Mpg)
Saturday I put the Edge on expecting 17.5-18 on the way back and I get 16....wtf? Is there something I'm overlooking? I don't have a heavy foot generally keep it in between 1700-2000 rpm.
Has anyone out there had the same problem? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Are you hand calculating or going by the overhead readout?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by hand. if i paid attention to overhead readout I wouldn't complain

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Haha. Yeah I hear that. Hopefully someone with the edge will chime in. I've never had one myself so can't really say on the mileage.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well its pretty simple...look at a globe or map. Everything is UPHILL from Florida. Seroiusly though..what setting did you run it on? I noticed no mpg gains from my edge.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I did two test. 1st was on the stage 1(mileage) for about 100 miles then stopped & refilled tank and then i did stage 3(drive) and did the same. Mileage was .10 off, stage 3 being the better one.
I would agree goin uphill will lower it, but 345 ft over 280 miles.
I don't know I guess it troubles me when I hear friends and folks online say that their getting 21-23 on the highway and 14 towing.
On a side note I notice that cruising I'm putting out 6-10 boost isn't this a little high? I'm used to 2-3 in my powerstrokes.

·
PDRT
844 Posts
i never saw any mpg when i had my edge on my 6.7 i had now if i dont get on it in my 5.9 i have i get 22 an thats with 2.4d from bully dog

·
Registered
589 Posts
I dont know if you have an auto or not but they are geared higher and get better mpgs on the highway. Your mileage sounds about the same as mine and your boost #s are normal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know if you have an auto or not but they are geared higher and get better mpgs on the highway. Your mileage sounds about the same as mine and your boost #s are normal.
Been foolin around w/ the settings and it seems as if I'm getting a little better on stage 4. I read on here that some are doing best on stage 5 just hesitant since I don't want to blow the tranny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts