Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the truck in the sig. I bought the truck in january of this year with 215k on it, I noticed it acting up a few days later and told the dealer which I happen to know pretty good, and we sent to shop and they replaced the lift pump. Well now I dead pedal when I start it sometimes and I have to kill it and restart it for it to go. If I leave it in Nuetral and Floor it it pops and whitesmokes around 2500 rpm and beyond but only in neutral, The last few days It started to dead pedal while driving down the road where it did only do it sometimes when first started, It also feels like I lost some power and the motor has a lopeing sound to me now.
My Question is What do ya think it is? I dont want to just throw money at it and hope it fixes it.

If it is the LP or IP, I need the cheapest fix that I can do so it doesnt happen again in 15000 miles,
what would yall suggest if i have to replace that? I do no hauling with it, just a daily driver.

Please help asap if ya can I dont want to drive it intill i get fixed but i might also have an option to give my truck to my dad for him to trade for him a new one and get his 05 duramx 4x4 but would rather have my dodge if i can fix it where i dont have any problems for a year or 2

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, when i start to stop at red light when i get slowed to around 5-10 mph it sounds kinda like the idel kicks down a little, and i was watching the tach today and it moves when i try to hold it at a steady Rpm it moves very little up and down.

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
x2 on the IP....sounds like it's time for a new one :thud:

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Can you pull the codes? I'd not be surprised to see a 0216 code. Injection Pump timing failure. Very common after running with a bad lift pump.

Best of luck. Check with the site sponsors like RBratby who posted here, they can help you out.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Yeah the famous white smoke and running like crap. what he said:agree2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im gonna try and get someone to pull code for me, does autozone still do that?

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Im gonna try and get someone to pull code for me, does autozone still do that?
Autozone will do that for you around here.

You might also post in the Texas forum here and see if there is a fellow member nearby with a SMARTY that would help a brother out.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My truck did the exacty same thing and evey few weeks I see the exact same thing.

Your injection pump is no good.

This is the scenario I have been seeing alot.

Truck starts acting up, replace lift pump, all is good for awhile, then dead pedal, replace injection pump, then all is well for many years to come.

Merrick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts