Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my ring off when I first bought the truck and relized that it is a whole different setup then what my 5.9 was after the fact that it is already off I did not notice any difference in performance altho some here say that there is so now where do I find one? :thud:

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heck no I'am not that hard up Believe me I like the extra whistle I would just like to test it to see if I can tell a difference in power thats all

· Registered
15,315 Posts
You will need one if you ever have turbo issues like lots of people are having. I would imagine if you ever need your turbo cleaned due to 2262 code Chrysler is going to void your waranty as soon as they take the air box off.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'am doing a EGR delete as soon as my DPF delete is in that will take care of the turbo problem won't it

· Banned
706 Posts
I went through that stage, luckily I could put mine back on. You're gonna have to find a used turbo on ebay.

· diesel addict
1,246 Posts
Ouch, used turbo, not cheap........Anyways, are you guys getting anything from pulling the silencer ring? I know it makes the turbo whistle louder, is that all?

· Banned
706 Posts
On the 6.7 it can (did on mine) surge and cause the turbo to sound like the compressor wheel stalls at times. Surging is what it on there for to stop. You may even get a code if you remove it!:w:

· Registered
587 Posts
Look in the classifieds. I think mattpopp is or has a friend selling used 6.7 turbos. They were takeoffs before the dealers started "cleaning" them. Maybe get just a ring from him.

· Registered
1,776 Posts
I think just about anyone you ask on here will tell you that taking the silencer ring off your turbo does absolutely nothing for performance, and in my opinion after closely observing the stock Holset from a 5.9 looks like the removal could actually hinder performance. With the ring on it kind of funnels the air into the turbo with it off there are slots milled around the sides of the intake path, which looked like to me, could cause turbulence and maybe less efficient air flow into the turbo. Just my opinion though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.