Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have pics in my garage of 35's on stock wheels with a level kit.
I think with 20's if the offset is right they will rub.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump....can anyone help me out here. trying to figure out what the max tire size on a 20 x 8.5 can be.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
As stated above. 35's will fit. IF the offset is right. Find one with the same offset as the stockers and you should be ok. 35's will fit with a 2" level kit. Period. It just takes the right rim to put the tire in the correct position on the truck as to not rub the fenders or the control arms.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
I have 35" Toyo MT's on Ultra Predator rims that are 20"x 9". The have 5 5/8" of backspacing and a +14mm offset. No rubbing---ever. But then again, I really haven't been offroad, so....

Try to get a backspacing as close to 6" as possible and have a positive offset. :thumbsup

Here's a couple of shots--

·
Registered
590 Posts
Shagginwagon, did you ever have your wheels on your truck without the fender flares? if so how far out did they stick? Im trying to put 20's and 35's on my truck, however do not want to do fenderflares, and im having a very hard time finding correct backspacing and offset to not hang out of truck and also not rub. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have 35" Toyo MT's on Ultra Predator rims that are 20"x 9". The have 5 5/8" of backspacing and a +14mm offset. No rubbing---ever. But then again, I really haven't been offroad, so....

Try to get a backspacing as close to 6" as possible and have a positive offset. :thumbsup

Here's a couple of shots--

Curiuos to why you have mud tires when you dont go out in the woods???? Tires gotta be expensive every 30k miles. Must be a city thing. Kinda like where i live. all the pretty boys with there fancy trucks all lifted and mudz and winch. So funny being that there truck has never even seen dirt, looks clean all the time and winch cable never been unwrapped. Such a shame. They rather drive there truck to a bar where id rather take my jeep out in the woods, get drunk, get laid, and go home.:beer

·
Registered
128 Posts

Here is some pics that I just posted yestersday. I have 20's on 35", I think they look great I don't usually have a problem with rubbing unless I hit a bump too hard with the wheels turned.

·
Registered
590 Posts
mh1, do you know backspacing/offset on your wheels? Also, truck looks sweet! love the color combo!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks, Here are the specs of my wheels
20x8.5
Offset : +10
Backspacing : 5.14

·
Registered
590 Posts
Does anyone know the stock offset and backspacing?? also stock width is 8" correct?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts