Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im looking at a 2003 dodge ram 2500 4x4 6spd 191,xxx miles for 10,900 it is a texas truck w/no rust runs great and looks good from what i can tell on the ad! i think it looks like a good deal but i need some input. aslo i have never owned a 3rd gen and dont know too much about them, what issues are typical w/ a 3rd gen with that many miles do they have the same pump issues as the 2nd gen 24v's? welp whatcha think?? thnx in advance :thumbsup

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow slow today :popcorn: bump

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
My Buddy has an '03 with 215,000 miles on it. Check out the front end. You know ball joints, tie rods ends, axle u-joints, track bar etc. Has it had or does it have a "box" on it???? Any oil leaks visible in the engine compartment or under the truck??? Does the oil look fresh on the dipstick??? The '03-'04's and known for being real real easy on oil. They are usually also the mileage champs of the 3rd gens!!! Do you have any friends familiar with 3rd gens? If so take him along and check it with him.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i never asked about the "box" situation look like it aint been messed with or nothin but i havent seen it in person, you buddy happy with his truck? thanx-mike

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
He absolutely loves his truck. He bought it upon my reccommendation. He's had to do some front end work on it, but it's all stock and runs great!!! A lot of trailer pulling with it too!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He absolutely loves his truck. He bought it upon my reccommendation. He's had to do some front end work on it, but it's all stock and runs great!!! A lot of trailer pulling with it too!!!
cool, so do you think it sounds like a good deal?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
ya you will most likely need to go threw the front end it will need the lift pump soon if it has not already went out up grade to the fass fuel system and the tourque converter needs to be looked at. I feel that is the best cummins ever put out. with little aftermarket parts you should be mid 20's

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks thats the stuff im lookin for keep em coming guys

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a good deal to me. :thumbsup
thanks thought so too but j/w what every1 else thought. im a little annoyed because i asked the dealer if he could send me some pic's cause all i've got to see of it was a black and white and i dont wanna drive 2 1/2 hrs to find out it is a piece of crap...he said he could get some to me by thurs :kick: dosent seem to motivated to sell it... if i still like it after i see some detailed color pics i'll prolley go up this weekend and go for a test drive :peelout gotta love a 6 spd

·
Registered
297 Posts
If he's not too motivated to seel it, I sure wouldn't be too motivated to buy it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts