Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am putting new shocks in my 96 ECLB 4x4. I want something good with towing and weight in the bed. My half ton SB had some with little coil overs over then and they were pretty good.

Loaded up my pickup camper for the first time in this truck, and holy . Feelt like jello bouncing all around on the highway. Rather scary. Funny my 1/2 ton shortbox chevy was fine and my 2500 felt like it was riding on jello, no fun at all.

Suggestions for a good towing/weight shock?

·
Registered
118 Posts
they sound like band-aids on gun shot wounds, if you really wanna haul some weight check out General Spring offers leaf springs, coil springs, lift kits, leveling kits I put a set of the 8 pack springs brining my rear capacity to 8k and can't feel my load and i do demo so the bed and 14k dump trailer is fully loaded. if your truck was used like mine and the factory springs are sitting on the overload spring it my be time for new springs.
P.S. I'm running Bilstein 5100's in mine and loving it

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
I use what the local discount tire store sells with a lifetime parts and labor warranty, Monroe.
No complaints.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got bilstein "Heavy Duty" 8800gwvr and above mono tubes.

We'll see how they perform.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Another vote for Bilsteins. Cheap shocks will remind you every day that you should've bought the good ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.