Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

need new brake controler

661 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  carl48
I'm going to buy a new controler for my dodge 3500. I'm trying to decide between the p3 , Hayes G2 , and the max brake. I have no doubt the max brake is the better controler , but it also cost over twice as much.

I tow several different trailers. Also one way is usually empty with a trailer weight of around 4000 lbs., return loaded around 16000.

How much changing and setting would have to be done on the p3 or G2 for differnt trailers and different trailer weights?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
My only concern with the MaxBrake is that Dodge specifically warns against tapping anything into the hydraulic brake system. If you're not concerned about that then it would be the best controller for your particular situation. Other than that, either the P3 or teh G2 will do a good job.

· Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I understand the liability thing everyone has going on , but other than that what could a sensor on the master cylinder hurt?
Your wallet when the lawyers and insurers are done with ya? LOL :hehe::lol4:

· Registered
1,935 Posts
the maxbrake or smartbrake is the only way to go. one trip with either one and you will never use anything else

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.