Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. We picked up a 5th wheel toy hauler (GVWR 12.5k) and we love it. The problem is my truck struggles (or seems to) on hills. Granted, once I learned how to tow with a diesel keeping my boost up, it did alot better. My current mods are below, and all I'm really looking to do is not be a dog on longer hills. It does ok on the highway but would like a little more power.

I was thinking to actually install (yea I know) the 4" exhaust in my garage and add a set of RV 275s and I should be ok... will I? I know a fueling box would be great but I can't afford a new turbo right now so I'm looking for the best bang for the buck. ANY suggestions you guys could offer would be very much appreciated.

Thanks much, Mike.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
For towing I would say that the Edge W/ Attitude is going to be your best bet... great addition and comes with all the guages that you will need! just my .02

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I already have the VA timing box (65HP) - is the Edge with attitude just timing with the guage pod?

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
Edge is Fuel and timing

·
Registered
287 Posts
Check my sig I pull my 7000lb trailer up 7% grade 6th gear 60mph edge comp set on 3.3 run at 1200 degree on pyro 30lb boost.:thumbsup

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know.. is 1200* the limit for our turbos?

·
Registered
287 Posts
1200 is the exaust temp you dont wanna go over 1250 too hott 30lb boost is the turbo pressure

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
you can go well over 1200 deg., but just don't keep it there for more then a few seconds :thumbsup

·
Registered
107 Posts
i tow heavy dump trailers all the time i do just fine with the adrenaline on 3. i am installing new 50hp sticks i will see how that does

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Buy the adrenaline and you can set it where it dont go over 1250 degrees

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. dmbowhunter, how heavy are your loads and what are your etgs?? How's the acceleration? Are you running the stock turbo?

Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
depends. around 10-12,000 lbs on level 3 stock turbo 1150 ish acceleration is alot better then stock. i am hoping to get a bigger turbo and crank the box up a little more. gets up and goes unloaded.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man, kinda makes me wonder if I have a problem with my truck. I runs good and I get about 21 on the highway.. don't know. Maybe just needs more power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts