Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tweaked the Smarty to 8 and can't kick the dually loose. I thought it would break loose with a lil power braking. Not looking to beat on her but I guess she needs more than a tuner to smoke em. I ordered a CFM+ as well which should be interesting. The truck really pulls in third with a sweet whistle! :woot:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its an 07 stock... what do u mean by odds?

·
Banned
393 Posts
Throw on a big intake, youll get better throttle response.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Change it to #9 and see what happens... Actually, don't yet. What all is done to the truck?

Zach

·
Banned
393 Posts
He means odd number programs.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just saw that it is stock. Watch you don't do some damage with stock intake and exhaust. Let it breath and try #9. the even numbers do not change the timing, thus less power. The odds include timing which drastically increases power. The non-timing(evens) are for stacking with additional boxes.

Zach

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't done anything other than plug n play w/Smarty. The truck has under 1500 miles on it. It's a 5.9 Mega Dually... I ordered a CFM+ but I'm hesitant to do an intake and dust it with the oil filters. My Powerstroke choked on a dirty K&N last year!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what do u guys mean by stacking w/other boxes?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Not to mention if you don't have gauges you could be running REALLY high EGTs...Your stock tranny will not handle Smarty on the upper levels for very long...

Timing lowers EGTs...so you know, 2=3, 4=5, 6=7, 8=9 ...it's that the odd numbered levels run timing, which drastically lowers temps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i will be doing a 2-3 hour road trip with the family tomorrow so pry won't leave her on 8 or 9. Maybe 5 is ok for a stocker at this stage. The rep at CFM+ was telling me to stay with paper filters on the intake side of the equation. Is it a good idea after blasting around to let the truck run at idle before shutting off?

·
Banned
393 Posts
Get a GOOD intake...K&N isnt that great, and they WILL dust youe engine. My fiance and i both have AFE stage 2 PG7's on our trucks, and they are always clean. My fiance hasnt cleaned hers for 30,000 miles....not my doing....i took it out yesterday and cleaned it up good, but there wasnt a speck of residue or dust anyware in the tube, turbo, or even inside the filter, And we live on a long A$$ dirt rode, and go to countless dusty rodeo arenas all over the country.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Kick the exhaust too. You will get some mpg's as well as horsepower, and will be keeping lower EGT's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks like I better get some gauges...r the pillar ones what most do?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
The highest you should be going is level 3, especially without gauges! And, if you really want to do burnouts (after gauges only) load the Smarty with Moderate torque management....

You can look into an AFE dry intake, like hoofpower said. Or there's the Icebox that runs an Amsoil filter (dry). The AEM is also dry... I'm running an AEM intake with an Amsoil nanofiber, myself...

·
Registered
431 Posts
I got the Pillar with trans, egt, and boost, came to about 450 will everything from laguna speed, and i just put the FBD 5" T/B kit on yesterday and i love it, loud when you get on it and nice and quied on the highway, i'm very impressed

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kick the exhaust? OK what's the shizzit for an exhaust? Stacks would not fly at this stage I was on the couch for a bit after bringin this rig home...:lol3:

·
Banned
393 Posts
like i said, i have always had good luck with AFE...and never had a mechanic complain about them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not to interupt but i'm getting my smarty tomorrow, i have guages, egt, trans, boost, rail, and line press, is level 5 too much for the stock tranny or will i be safe on 5

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
when u say mechanic complain is that regarding bringing a modded truck under warranty to a dealer or just in general a mechanics opinion of the exhaust?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts