Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm tired of everybody saying that this guys 6.0 power stroke is the fastest truck ever... i want to put him to shame what else can i do for cheap cause I'm in high school and money doesn't come easy. Also when I'm on level 5 and I take off full throttle it seems to cut out a little. Would this be a cause of not enough fuel? Do I need a lift pump? I was thinking about getting the hot unlock but if i don't have enough fuel it would be pointless. The only thing the other guy has over me is water/meth injection and 35's.... I want to smoke him before schools out :lol3:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing? Anyone?

·
Registered
317 Posts
How cheap are you talking? I would advise a lift pump and torque converter in general. Possibly an MP-8 or something to stack with the edge. Shoot me a PM if you don't want to post up how much your looking to spend.

Zach

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I would say your first things should be a lift pump torque converter & valve body. And than start thinking about more power. In the mean time have him come out hear and ill run him:peelout:thumbsup

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I think I'm going to order the hot unlock and look into buying a lift pump. Are the Raptor lift pumps good or should I spend the extra $100 to get the Airdog? I have a friend that has some stock tires i bet i can get him with those on lol. As soon as I get out of school and work full time then il buy some tranmission upgrades cause they are so damn expensive!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
So I'm tired of everybody saying that this guys 6.0 power stroke is the fastest truck ever... i want to put him to shame what else can i do for cheap cause I'm in high school and money doesn't come easy. Also when I'm on level 5 and I take off full throttle it seems to cut out a little. Would this be a cause of not enough fuel? Do I need a lift pump? I was thinking about getting the hot unlock but if i don't have enough fuel it would be pointless. The only thing the other guy has over me is water/meth injection and 35's.... I want to smoke him before schools out :lol3:

the hot unlock is well worth the extra 100 or so dollars believe me. but i reccomend getting a lift pump. an airdog maybe.
then you might be able to run him.
however dont add any more power before you get a good torque converter or you will be spendin alot of money fixing the tranny.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well I think I'm going to order the hot unlock and look into buying a lift pump. Are the Raptor lift pumps good or should I spend the extra $100 to get the Airdog? I have a friend that has some stock tires i bet i can get him with those on lol. As soon as I get out of school and work full time then il buy some tranmission upgrades cause they are so damn expensive!!
definitley spend the extra money for the airdog.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I'm scared of. I don't have the money for the tranny right now... I would be spending a good $2000 dollars for a tourqe converter and valve body wouldn't I? Plus somebody to put it in for me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
689 Posts
what exactly does this 6.0 have besides water meth that makes him so fast...?

·
Registered
341 Posts
you can get a dang good torque converter for about 1400. i would say that your tranny work will be about 2700 for invincibility. thats about what mine cost, and i got alot of horses.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats a lot of moneyy!!! for a highschool kid lol..

He has Edge Juice w/ Attitude with hot unlock AFE Stage 2 Straight Piped, Snow Water/Meth Injection..

Plus hes runnning 35's compared to my 37's but still it cant be that much faster!!! I dont get it everyone says his pulls so much harder..

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Thats a lot of moneyy!!! for a highschool kid lol..

He has Edge Juice w/ Attitude with hot unlock AFE Stage 2 Straight Piped, Snow Water/Meth Injection..

Plus hes runnning 35's compared to my 37's but still it cant be that much faster!!! I dont get it everyone says his pulls so much harder..
If you don't upgrade that tranny soon your truck won't be going anywhere. You may just want to save for that and postpone this race.

·
Registered
341 Posts
yea it is alot of money. the meth/water injection gives him some horses but you get that hot unlock you might be able to get him. how do you lanuch off of the line?

·
Registered
689 Posts
ya hot unlock is pretty cool, it pulls so much more than just an edge.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya true my graduations coming up maybe i can sweet talk my dad into a nice present haha...

I get on the brakes a little and let the turbo spool up then take off...

·
Registered
689 Posts
you put 33's on there and race him it will be a different story too. But how bad does he beat you?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Heck, while your saving for that TC & VB just challenge him to a boxing match, beat him, and no one will care that his truck is faster because you beat him down.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i havent raced him yet... I went up to him one day and asked what he was running his 1/4 mile and 0-60 time so he started to look it up on his edge.. and oops sorry i erased it... BS!!!! He was like just race and we will find out.

Yah he is like a little over 5' haha considering that I'm 6'4" that would be to easy lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts