Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a fuel pressure gauge today and found out my pump was putting out 6-7 lds. at idle and i am too scared to see what it is a WOT. i was looking at the airdog but it is a little pricey for me. what other options do i have ? i have the in-tank lift pump right now.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
If a Airdog is too much you could look at just a pump, I would get the full system if you could, with the full kit you get better fuel filtration, and it takes out water and air plus pumps all the fuel you need.

·
Registered
32 Posts
AirDog is cheaper than a VP-44 I like mine (21Psi idle 16 Wot):thumbsup

·
Registered
98 Posts
i have a glacier GFS-392 fuel system on mine it was $425 for it and i love it its 19psi at idle and 14psi at WOT its a good system for the money but i wouldnt go too cheap on a lift pump if your vp fails because of it that is a real expensive fix like $2000 if you pay someone to do the repair for you

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
the airdog is worth it and the price is cheeper then most:thumbsup

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Raptor 150 from pureflow tech. Same people who make the Air Dog. Works great and its adjustable.

·
Joel's Diesel
1,271 Posts
You could do a holley or carter pump on the frame....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am leaning towards the raptor. which one (100, or 150) should i go with. i am not looking to go crazy, this is my daily driver, but i will upgrade injectors in the future, maybe water/methanol injection too.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Do a Raptor 100 if your not pushing big tunes and injectors. If your putting the screws to the thing, doing the 150 may be worth the extra few pennies. Otherwise its a "Mine is bigger than yours" thing. Kind of like 5" exhaust on a stock truck.....pointless.

The Raptor carries a lifetime warranty. Its good quality and a complete kit that is biult specifically for diesel fuel, and specific to your truck. Its priced a good deal less than the full AirDog system.

Diesel Performance Products (FASS/HPFP) make the HPFP systems. Same warranty, top end quality, a bit more $$$.

You would be VERY well served by the HPFP or the Raptor. The raptor has cool stickers.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Some key points is the Life time warranty and it a adj. for the Raptor. Also tell us what kind of truck you hav so we can help you out better. And when I was lookin at pumps. This is what I had in mind. How big do I want to go??? Do I want just a pump "Rap" or Seperater "AirDog"??? And for 3rd gens the CP3's are touchy and any kind of air you lose Rail Pressure so I sold my raptor and bought my AirDog. But hey this is just a couple of things to think about.:thumbsup

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a '01 Ram 2500. Is it possible to have too much pressure with the Raptor 150 if all i have is an Adrenaline? What horse power, and torque levels are the 100, and 150 suitable for?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yes it is possible to have to much PSI. It will cause damage to your VP and is just as bad as running your VP on not enough PSI. Good thing about the raptor again is that it is adjustable so if you are running to much or not enough you can make up for it. If you are going to be running a box, injectors, big turbo, bigger inj. pump you will need the 150. For a stock replacement save a few $$$ and go with the 100.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help. One last question what is the max pressure for the vp?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts