Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all I just bought a 2000 2nd gen it has 150hp injectors and some off brand turbo that is about 60mm plus the previous owner put in shot rod vp44 and it has tune 5 on the smarty is there any way or parts to make it smoke less it’s also a manual

·
Registered
7,713 Posts
Can a smarty be tuned for less smoke?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would a bigger turbo like a 62mm or 64mm create less smoke?

·
Sasquatch
3,631 Posts
A bigger turbo can result in less smoke on the top end and significantly more smoke on the bottom end if not tuned correctly. Tuning is the key with either setup.

Look at the settings on the smarty and see if you can find anything related to low end response, otherwise you'll need to buy the Quadzilla like others suggested. Then research and learn how to tune with it, some trial and error will be needed to tune your individual setup.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The smarty is an s03 on time 5 which is mild catcher with timing would moving it to tune 3 remove some smoke or is my best bet to buy an adrenaline

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found out the the turbo is a bd super b single and I just bought the adrenaline with iQuad and can’t figure out a tune to help with the smoke and to control the ddp injectors and industrial injection hot rod vp44 when I drive on the high way at 65-70 the egts are at about 800 and you can see some smoke coming from the exhaust

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
more than likely, that is just the injectors them selves...probably a SAC style tip, and a slight haze is noticed.

my 7x.0085 do the same when on the throttle

·
Registered
891 Posts
you need V2 tuning on the Adrenalin to control fueling and more. It should be in the menu.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you need V2 tuning on the Adrenalin to control fueling and more. It should be in the menu.
I have V2 tuning

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Ddp injectors are smokey. Guy running 150's had more smoke than me running 250's, using the same exact tune. I was even 6000' higher in altitude than him.

Seen this over and over, ddp injectors are bad.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ddp injectors are smokey. Guy running 150's had more smoke than me running 250's, using the same exact tune. I was even 6000' higher in altitude than him.

Seen this over and over, ddp injectors are bad.
After I get some dap injectors would I be fine running the turbo I have now it’s a bd super b single then next summer upgrading to possibly a 62/68/14 turbo?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it should be fine.

after you get injectors you should have no trouble running smoke free.
Ok sweet thanks for all the help

1 - 20 of 40 Posts