Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my truck with a 1500 cluster in it working besides the tachometer. Id like to switch back but when I put a 03 Diesel cluster in it it wouldnt turn on besides the back lights and blows fuse 28, Plug the 1500 cluster back in and it works like it did before. The truck is a 04 dodge 2500 diesel. Anyone know what is going on.

·
Trying to learn
7,807 Posts
Is it an early '04 or a '04.5 which is more like a 2005.
That could be the issue.

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
Cant just swap cluster needs to be programmed to VIN/mileage/hours, security if option.
Notarized legal document really required if altering odometer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, Yea no intent to scam just trying to fix the truck I bought and put it back to diesel. Does that mean that this cluster was programmed to my diesel?

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
AFAIK if you change cluster needs to be programmed to your ECM or visa versa to function properly.
Some trucks could run with swapped clusters but not all functions will work properly, and you could damage cluster and other electronics.
Also some 03 trucks have totally different hardware/software, so you want to try to get cluster from around same DOM.
A DRBIII or equivalent scanner will show if programmed correctly to different modules.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AFAIK if you change cluster needs to be programmed to your ECM or visa versa to function properly.
Some trucks could run with swapped clusters but not all functions will work properly, and you could damage cluster and other electronics.
Also some 03 trucks have totally different hardware/software, so you want to try to get cluster from around same DOM.
A DRBIII or equivalent scanner will show if programmed correctly to different modules.
thank you imma get it scanned

1 - 7 of 7 Posts