Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 07 cummins 6.7 this truck was biult from bully dog as what i can see it has an intake 6 inch down pipe 6 dpf back exhaust it has a digatal bully dog display you can change setting. now my question is can i delete the dpf by cutting it out and putting in a piece of pipe and if i can what do i do with the 3 plugs? ive asked h&s and they said there not shure just buy or kit! help would be nice....:confused013:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
did someone modify it with all that bully dog stuff? or did the company do it? i bet that set you back a pretty penny

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
if it's Bully Dog equipped, then you can't go without the dpf. their stuff really sucks for the 6.7. your best bet if you want to do the deletes, is to sell the Bully Dog stuff, and just order whatever exhaust system and deletes you want, then go with a tuner from H&S or Smarty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:confused013: why does it suck bully dog is actully pretty good . and yes bully dog them self's built this truck for show. I WANT TO DELETE THE D.P.F

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
if it has a 6 inch down pipe then somebody's already been in there messing around.... there should be a cat in the down pipe

·
Reconnaissance Expert
1,719 Posts
That 600+ horse and 975+ tq is that what they claimed your truck put out. Does it have any fuel mods( lift pump, inj pump, injectors) does it have an aftermarket turbo? It doesnt seem realistic more like a troll. 975 tq on a 6.7 thats putting out 600 hp is really really really low

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
do a search in the 6.7 forums for Bully Dog and you'll see what the majority think of their products. I know from owning a few myself. They may be okay for other motors, but for the 6.7 they suck, as does their customer service.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Is this truck silver? Im guessing you got this truck

That was the first 6.7 Truck in Idaho , did you buy it from 4 Wheel parts? When it left here the lift was taken off, all the vinyl and graphics were gone, It had a Intake, DPF back exhaust and a PMT. There was no 6" downpipe and it was not making 600hp. But it could of had work done to it after we gave it away.
The truck started its life as a Cab and Chassis and we custom did the bed, its shorter than a long bed but longer than a short bed lol.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
The truck started its life as a Cab and Chassis and we custom did the bed, its shorter than a long bed but longer than a short bed lol.
holy hell, what a mess with the bed...

Quick check to see if it is a C&C or not, check out the exhaust manifold, does it have the front EGR port drilled or is it still the cast blank?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,491 Posts
That sounds like the bed was the perfect size to me. My biggest PITA going from a Chevy to the Dodge was having to go up to the battleship longbed truck in order to fit my bikes in the bed and close the tailgate. 6" inches shorter on the standard bed. 6'6" for Chevy & 6' for Dodge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats the truck.. wow it looks completly diffrent lol.... but can i just cut off the dpf and hang the wires somewhere or will it hurt the truck?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THAT looks and sounds like the truck nvm it has a 5 inch dp.. i measured it.. so but can i just cut out the dpf and hang the wires somewhere or will it hurt the truck? and by the way thats the bully dog tuner that it has:spank:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
IT WILL HURT THE TRUCK. i tam pretty sure i stated that before. BD stuff doesn't go with deletes.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
So there is a 5" downpipe with no cat flowing thru the stock dpf???? Why would they do that I mean i know the cat is a good muffler but come on take off part of the emissions and leave the other part on their??? Although i have to ask this how are you measuring the downpipe? Are you physically measuring the inside diameter of the pipe or are you measuring the flange or measuring the circumference?? It just seems weird why they would put a 5 inch downpipe to neck down to a 4in pipe on the dpf

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,010 Posts
If you cut the DPF off and just hang the wires some where your truck will throw codes. It will tell you to go to the dealer now! about every 10 minutes. To stop this from happening when you start the truck you can use your PMT to clear the codes. Which means you have to wait before you start for this to happen. Now it has been everyones experiance on here that Bully Dog tunes do not work well with a DPF delete.

If you really want to delete your DPF then you need a tuner from H&S or a Smarty. Both those tuners are made for folks who have done a DPF & EGR delete. That is what everyone is trying to tell you.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
As long as your deleting stuff, Why not delete the 600+hp and 975+Tq in your sig. Cause unles syou have a dyno sheet with those numbers, its BS.

How about some current pics?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
we did not alter the exhaust minus the DPF back so that was done after it had left here. As for the deletes if you have the proper delete and the old 1016cds software alot of people have had good luck with that setup but obviously there are still better ways of doing it

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think you need to do some reading BD Cummins. There is a whole whack of info on here that pertains to your truck and the delete's. I am sure there is enough info here that you could read on that subject alone for weeks lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts