Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi to everyone I got this problem for over a month now no solution yet. My truck is early 04 3500 4x4 auto, 305H0. Truck won't start, but it cranks, theres this wire that we don't know where it goes, its a ground. There fuel going to the CP3 but there no power to the FAC or the injector... We made a mistake and connect to the positive terminal and we don't know what fly....? does anyone know where this wire is connect to or where does it come from like a relay,fuse, module,etc... Any help is appreciated. The check engine light is on with no code.. Mauri....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any Idea!!!!

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
9,780 Posts
can you chase the wire where it goes down to? I'm not really recognizing it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I try.. but its coming from the bundle of the harness under the rail, I guess I could ground it anywhere? Is there scanner that will auto diagnose the system and detect the problem maybe in the PCM or the ECU Like the DRB3 OR Starscan or for this do I need a special software or key to get to look at the modules or will it give me acess to view if there a problem? Thanks Again

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
9,780 Posts
I'll take a look on mine this weekend. As for the scan tool, it probably won't quite tell you what you need to know with this wire, but its the DRB3 for our truck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi i am having the same problem with my truck 2003 diesel it cranks over but no start and fuel and amp not work

·
Registered
352 Posts
i will check mine over tomrrow and see if i can find something

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on my truck i chase the wire down it turn out to be a ground from the ECU, pin 26 from the 50 pins plug (the smaller one). I also scan the system with a Snap on Solus and it turns out the I coudn't read the fuel pressure from the rail it shown that there less than 1 psi. I also test that there 5v on the pink/yellow line that is on the fuel pressure sensor. Is this a sign that my FPS is bad if so where is a good place to purchase one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I met pin 21, also which is the correct fuel rail pressure sensor for are trucks the mopar or the bosch or both will work? thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts