Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Need help with wheel offset

17K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Radride 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just bought a 19 Ram 2500 Tradesman a few weeks ago and looking to level it and put a set of aftermarket wheels and 35x12.50 tires on it. Think I’ve decided on 20x9 or 20x10 Fuel Vandals. Not looking for the wheels to stick out the side, but plan on adding a set of the OEM Mopar pocket flares, so maybe an inch or two out from factory wheels would be fine, but no more than that.
Looking to possibly purchase tonight for Cyber Monday deal, if anyone could help me with what offset I need it would be greatly appreciated.
Also, bolt pattern I need is 8x165.1, correct?

#8 ·
With a 2” leveling kit in the front, does anyone have any idea how much offset I can get away with and not have any rubbing issues?

My last truck was a 07 Ram 2500. I had a 2” level, 18x9 wheels with +18 offset, and 35x12.50r18 tires. Didn’t have any rubbing issues, but edge of tires didn’t quite come out far enough to be even with the outer edge of the bushwacker pocket flares I had on the truck.
Sorry for all the questions, but there’s not an abundance of pictures from owners of the 2019’s yet that shows different setups with aftermarket wheels/tires and different offsets.
Still trying to figure out exactly what offset I need for the look I’m after, without running into rubbing issues.
If I put a set of pocket flares on the truck I’d kind of like the edge of the tires to be at the outer edge of the flare.

#10 ·
Leveling doesn’t change much to be honest.
I think you could go to a 20x10 but stay in the positive offset range
The negative offset starts pushing it out a ways.

You might be able to do a 20x10 at 0

Here is an older link but still applies as the body hasn’t changed all the much.

http://www.thurenfabrication.com/tech/tire-and-wheel-fitment.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
According to discount tire the 20x9 at 0 offset will have the aggressive stance without rubbing issues...I think I’ll find out for myself.

My experience is a 20x10 on these trucks with any negative or 0 offset rubs without trimming.

I’ll be getting my 20x9 0 offset wheels put on next week. I’ll report back how they fit.

More to come with pictures folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I looked at your link to eBay and I also looked at the same wheel with -18 offset and the photo is the same, so you might wanna check with the manufacture because +20 most likely won't have that deep dish look that the -18 does.

If you have purchased them please post some photos, I like those wheels too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.