Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a set of ladder bars for the rear cause it was twistin when i pull a trailer. I just ran a single bar on each side and bolted the bracket to the bottom side of the frame. Got to lookin today and my frame is starting to crack by the bracket on the passenger side :thud: I was wondering how you guys attached yours to the frame. Any help would be appreciated cause i can't keep mine how they are

·
Registered
993 Posts
probably need to weld in some gussets for more support.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ladder bars are not supposed to stop that kind of twist. they are designed to stop torque twist of the diff wanting to roll. and any set i have seen are mounted with a two point spot on frame or it will keep cracking it forever. reason behind this is the diff when leaf sprung wants to go straight up and down and the direction of travel for a ladder bar wants to push the diff backwards or ladder bar forward depends on how you look at it. they will fight each other forever.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
i welded brackets to the bottom side of the frame then ran bolts through them too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts