Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I found a 95' regular cab 2500 A/T with 190000 miles for $3500. Truck runs ruff when first started, but figured that is common on a 12v. The inside has a cracked dash and some minor rips in the door panels, it also has power windows and locks. The outside is in ok shape with no rust on it, but the truck was rear ended and it pushed some of the bumper into the left rear panel an caved it in. In yalls opinion is this truck worth getting, will it still hold up, how long do these trucks last?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can see there is no more, but when I opened the hood it looked like it has sludge around the head is this common on a diesel with that many miles, or could it be a fuel leak?

·
Registered
218 Posts
The sludge on the engine - I cannot answer. As far as rust - check the bottom (interior side) of the doors and tailgate. You will have to get on your knees for the doors and check these areas mentioned. I had a 94 gasser and the door panels were rusted at the bottom (interior side) and a 2002 gasser that started to rust. If you do purchase the vehicle - I would recommend some kind of rust inhibiter be added. I squirted motor oil in the bottom drain holes to coat the inside lower panels. Of course this is a 13 year old truck and for $3,500 +/- can't ask a whole lot.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts