Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 cummins 4x4 auto has no mods except the silencer ring kinda new at all of this what kind of mods do i need first to get it to be a beast in the future

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Tranny, intake, exhaust, turbo, programmers, injectors, fuel supply, porting, valve springs, cam, water/meth, girdle, valve train, pistons, connecting rods...

You can go on forever... What are the plans, money, and application?

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
a good lift pump like an airdog some gauges egt, boost, trans temp.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would have to say the tranny and turbo are out i just cant afford upgrades like that but like reasonable stuff i know i got the stock tranny which is not good are there any programmers that i can put on it with out it tearing up my tranny

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i got an upgraded lift pump or somethin because the old lift pump whet bad we had to replace it now when u leave it on idle u can hear the lift pump humming along it used to not do that

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
:thumbsupthe edge juice w/ attitude suppose to have some kind of program to were it will de-fuel for you when it feel like your tranny wants to slip..........:thumbsup

·
Registered
588 Posts
in that case guages, exhaust and intake, they all should be really cheap. then hit the bigger stuff like programmer, tranny etc..... :beer

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
any exstra power will wear out parts faster so yes you could run a programer with a stock trans but how soon do you want to replace it? and if you just want a lil exstra power now and want more later pick a good one and turn it down:thumbsup

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what kind of intake do u all recommend k&n maybe also should i do strait pipe or exhaust

·
Banned
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what about the gauges probably trans oil temp what about others

·
Banned
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what about gauges what are some that are recommended

·
Banned
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
my $0.02 id :$: at intake and exhaust first, both those mods will help your truck breath better and are great for the grin factor. guages next before any fueling/prog mods.

guages:
Tranny (if auto)
boost
egt
fuel psi

·
Registered
370 Posts
intake.... Big Honkin' Air Filter attached with stock air elbow to turbo, can be hone for under $75.
exhaust... if you got 3" exhaust delete the muffler or go to a 4" system, turbo back.
gauges... boost, fuel pressure, pyrometer, trans temp for your automatic...
then go for a box, like edge comp or juice w/ att.
every thing above that you do will increase power, drivability, and mileage (if you drive conservatively), and will be fun too boot!
but if the tranny aint up to it you might have to have a rebuild, mebbe not. but if you hammer it....

·
Registered
588 Posts
:agree2: except i got 5" exhaust and LOVE it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts