Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 07 mega cab with 4.5" Spacer and it does have longer bars that came with the kit!! 20"x12" with 33"x12.5" Toyo Tires. This thing rides horrible and steers horrible. I was told to take sway bar off, and it helped a little but not much!! Any other suggestions????

·
Registered
530 Posts
ditch the spacer lift

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Those rubber band tires are making the ride much worse. Toyos already have a very stiff sidewall and a 33 in tire is too small for a 20 in rim.

Plus what black06cumminz said is spot on, ditch spacers and get a real lift with the correct springs.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
uh, get rid of the low-pro tires. you've got no side wall flex at all with what you are running. what do you have for shocks?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought a full spring would be stiffer??

I love the look of a 33 on a 20!!! Ordered 33x12.5 cepek fun countrys now you think those will ride better??

Just running rancho shocks!! Should I get different ones??

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
I thought a full spring would be stiffer??

I love the look of a 33 on a 20!!! Ordered 33x12.5 cepek fun countrys now you think those will ride better??

Just running rancho shocks!! Should I get different ones??

just re-read the original post. it's mainly your spacer lift, bud. you need longer springs up front. i would say that a 2" level is all you want to add w/o a spring upgrade. I notice a difference in ride quality with just a level.

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea its gonna help give me a heart attack!!!! Wow nice equipment but crazy $$$$$$

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
Not really. Carli is one of the very best. You should never have an issue with any of their stuff.

Big price, but all their stuff is the best quality stuff you can buy. Plus it gives you 2.75" of lift in the front vs the 2" leveling block kits from like Skyjacker and Daystar.

My old man has the Skyjacker leveling kit and his truck rides awesome. His steering is fine, and his truck handles like a dream.

I also had the same Skyjacker coil spring spacer leving kit in my '01 2500 and it rode and handled fine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with you on quality!! They look like they have good stuff!! Just really pricey!! I also noticed that its only availible in 3" and 6" I was looking for something in the middle!! I like where it sits now!!

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
The leveling kit is only like $800 or so.....And that includes new Bilstein 5100 shocks for the front and new stainless steel sway bar end-links with F.K. bearings. That's some tough stuff right there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I dont think i can clear my 20's with a 3" and the 6" is just too much!!!

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
If black people can clear 24's on a 1975 Caprice Classic, you can clear 33" mud tires on 20" wheels on your Dodge 2500 4x4 with a 3" leveling kit.

My dad has a 3" leveling kit on his '08 2500 and has 35x12.50r17 BFG MT KM2's on his truck and they don't scrub or hit.

I had 37x13.00r16's on my '01 2500 4x4 with just a Skyjacker 3" leveling kit and they fit fine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hahahahahahahaha:rof

I guess I will have to give it a try!!!

Does the 3" come with control arms?

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
If black people can clear 24's on a 1975 Caprice Classic, you can clear 33" mud tires on 20" wheels on your Dodge 2500 4x4 with a 3" leveling kit.

My dad has a 3" leveling kit on his '08 2500 and has 35x12.50r17 BFG MT KM2's on his truck and they don't scrub or hit.

I had 37x13.00r16's on my '01 2500 4x4 with just a Skyjacker 3" leveling kit and they fit fine.
very well put.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Don't 33's clear on a non lifted 2500/3500 ? I thought they did. Anyway, If I were you I'd get a 35" at least with 20's. You can change all the suspension and it may make a bit of difference but with no sidewall on the tire, your gonna have crappy ride.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,458 Posts
His tire height isn't the limiting factor on how much lift he needs to be able to drive the truck with his current setup. His wheel width and backspacing are the limiting factors. a 12" wide wheel is going to need a fair amount of lift to keep the corners of the tires out of the fenders when turning. Depending on the BS/offset, I'm not sure 3" will get it done, though the fact he already has longer control arms could help.

OP, Where did you get a 4.5" sping spacer? And what do you have in the rear for lift?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am looking to upgrade and have been leaning towards a Kore Performance front leveling kit for 399.00. Why pay more for the Carli Kit? Both say you can run 35's. I just cant swing all at once (Tires rims plus a kit). I dont think I will be happy with a cheap 100.00 spacer kit. Seems like every other post i read they are having troubles and end up needing to buy more parts to stop the death wobbles. I dont know what to do.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts