Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the MM, TBE, and CAI installed Friday. I also filled up and added some Lucas fuel additive (32 oz. Prob too much). On Sat. afternoon, after putting 150 miles on that tank, I started the truck and it ran very rough @ idle then rougher when I put it in gear. Unplugged MM and rough idle went away but timing was off. Plugged back in and was rough again. Turned engine off, and back on, and no rough idle. Drove good just rough at start up and idle, sometimes. Then I tried starting it this afternoon and it took 6 times to start, blew white smoke, and was very rough. Drove it to see if the problem persisted and it went away after the truck warmed up. I'm stumped guys. Anyone know what this problem could be related to? Too much additive or Mileage Max bad???

·
Registered
192 Posts
I haven't had your problem. I remember some posting recently. do search on white smoke ,not post but on the right side.I personally think the edge isn't it. If you haven't used fuel additives.You could have clean out your tank and plugged your fuel filter.I hope that is it. That would be the cheap fix.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to my local diesel shop this morning. I told him the problem and he said it was the injectors sticking because of the ULSD. Not the Mileage Max. He also said that the Lucas fuel additive I used was one of the poorest rated additives. He highly recommended Stanadyne Performance blend. I already have some on order. He said I shouldn't have anymore injectors stick with the Stanadyne.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts