Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I was wondering if you can help me out pick out a set of rims for my 08 2500 ?? Please no H2 rims I dont have time or a machine shop to mod them . I was looking at Moto Metal 957 but I think somewhere I red that they wont work on my truck??:thud: I dont want to go to big maybe 17x9 or 18x9 and I will get some BFs or Toyo for them .... Thanks for all the help .....:$::thumbsup

Steve

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
on my truck I have helo maxx wheels 18 x 9 with 35" BFG tires.. I had to install a 3" lift so they wouldn't rub the wheel wells.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
H2 rims!!!! JK. But really, if you want them, just borrow a wood router, and go buy a flush cut bit ($15) and do it yourself. Takes a couple hours tops. Very easy and cheap mod!!!

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy for the info I will ponder on this a little while longer...

Thanks again ..:thumbsup
Steve

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not exactly 18's but you get the idea

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
I would run 18's rather 17's, you have alot more tires to choose from. Also use the stock backspacing rather a shorter back spacing. The stock size is around 5.5", i am running 4.5" backspacing on 20x10 rockstars. i have a 2" leveling kit. 33x12.5x20r. they rub bad because of the 4.5" backspacing that i have but i like the wider look.

I like the new Revolvers from the KMC/XD.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
I Don't it. The stock wheels loo:w::w::w:k so good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went with the american racing clash 17x8 and ill tell you why...
1. i didnt have to buy new tires to replace my new fac. tires.
2. i have a buddy who owns a tire shop and he gets pull offs from everyone wanting bigger wheel/tires so i get the fact. bfgs at a sweet price.
3. Mileage mileage mileage
4. i can still go with a taller fatter tire and still not rub.
JUST my .02

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
Look at all wheels KMC has to offer, they have some pretty awesome ones.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
same boat here. looking for 22's not sure of the backspacing/offset i need. the tires will be 325/55/22 pirelli scorpion atr's

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
^^^ those are the ones i want to get.

·
Registered
423 Posts
What size are the stock rims 17X what? 7.5, 8.0 or 8.5?

Thanks. The Clash look great. I want to keep the same size tires and rims as stock but would like to with black. How have the held up since you had them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts