but the special is like 1500 cheaper

what is the diffrence between them

· Mule Barn Proprietor
11,778 Posts
One turbo
vs.
Two turbos

:confused013: Thats the reason for the price difference
Both can be put in the same hp range, but there will be a big difference in driveablility between the two.

Twins equal faster spool & less smoke vs. single equals a bit laggy and more pre spool smoke

· Vendor
13,008 Posts
twins are better for towing

single is cheaper and much easier install

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
which one should i get
bd twin turbo
bd super b special

on the info they seem to be puttin out the same amount of horse power 325-525

but the special is like 1500 cheaper

what is the diffrence between them
What do you do with your truck? Do you tow a lot or just use it for a dd/street toy?

· Vendor
13,008 Posts
Depending on where you are pulling, twins might put you in a different class... with the high rollers and big money trucks.

You can still be fast with a single. I can spin the tires from 25-35mph on my 2001 and I ma not heavily modified and have a small 62mm s300 turbo

· Registered
2,002 Posts
Or forget the outdated Super B and get an HTT????

· Future Fly Boy!
2,228 Posts
150's are nice for towing w/ twins and spooling a 62/13(14)...anything bigger in the single department (like 64 and up) and id really suggest some 200's....you can do it w/ 150's but the lag will be much more noticable...

G

·
i will say with my hx35 its fun as hell to drive i can break the tires loose in 3rd and 4th fairly easy while just cruising
ill give you my advice and you will save good amount of money and have a hell off a street warrior since your pulling you will be prolly running the 2.6 class so that being said for i a turbo i highly reccomend engineered diesel they can get you a custom s366 for $1850 or you want to go even bigger but less street friendly a S465 for $1650 now for injectors i reccomend goin on comp d and pm smokem he has the best injectors on the market yet he kinda lays low since he doesnt have a shop and has cheap prices
the bd special is prolly the best bang for your buck turbo you can get with a set of 7x12s and a adr you can pull 600hp out of your vp truck the special is amazing on the street with these injectors and have virtually no lag

· Registered
29 Posts
The right set of twins will spool faster and give you better power down low (less lag than a super b special or other large one). I personally love the idea of have a wide useable power band with twins. I've seen some of the high HP guys sit and spool singles for 30 seconds or more, and it's rediculous (doubt you would deal with that much lag on a super b special though).

G

·
twins are the way to go but you cant sled pull with twins you need a single with a manually it makes it easy to street a very large single with no lag a 6speed with 4.10s is a piece of cake once you get a turbo on the truck go out and play with it all day for a few days you can drive the truck around the lag

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.