Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Bought A Reese Bed Rail Kit For My 06 And The Install Instructions Do Not Go Into Details At All. If Anyone Has Any Advise For Me I Would Appreciate It. My Problem Is How To Attach The Brackets To The Frame. There Is No Way To Attach The Bracket With Out Drilling All The Way Throught The Tube Frame, And The Bolts Are Not Long Enough To Go All The Way Through Both Sides. If Anyone Has Done This Pics Would Be Great. Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
why not send it back and get the right one.?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i just had a local shop do mine.....cost 120 bucks for labor....cheap in my opinion considering 1) it took them 3+ hours to do it, (and they know what they are doing) and 2)I know it is done right when I am pulling my $25K+ 5er down the road.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
the 06 takes a mounting kit in addition to the rail kit and it does not work all that well i have installed every 5th wheel in every truck we have ever owned , except the 06's i spent about two hours under there and took it to a fab welding shop that installs them and it still took them 4+ hours to install

·
Registered
163 Posts
I installed my own, the bolts dont go all the way through. It came with like a bolt puller, the bolt screws in the end and you push the wire through the acess holes in the frame and pull the bolt through. I have a complete set of instrutions from my reese rails and would be glad to answer any questions. PM me if you like.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks For The Help

I Called Reese And They Told Me How To Do It With The Supplied Hardware, Your Right You Have To Use The Wire Thats Threaded To Pull The Bolts Through The Frame. If Anyone Else Needs Instructions On How Its Done Let Me Know I Can Send U Pics. I Told The Rep That The Instructions Needed To Be More Indepth And He Said That Everyone Complains About That. Don't Know If They Will Fix It Or Not. Later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts