Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
No need to upgrade the turbo. A stock rig is more than sufficient for a gooseneck loaded with a couple Jeeps.

The setup Ive run on a couple 6.7s hooked to my old gooseneck hauling Jeeps around consisted of just deletes, a tuner, and some head studs (and a nice clutch for the G56 on my last rig) Keep the power turned down to a reasonable setting (more for your trans in this case) and as with towing anything just keep an eye on EGTs.

No need for high power mods to pull. The setup I listed above pulled much heavier than you're proposing with no issues. We've scaled our toys back some to one Jeep on a bumper pull but I spent a few years pulling multiple rigs around. If you want to get real crazy throwing some gears to compensate for your 37's would probably be the route I'd go, best bang for your buck towing with large tires.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Look at the parts in my sig. I have the glacier diesel set up for the intake side and have no problems.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
I'm going to start pulling a gooseneck trailer that can tow my Jeep and my brothers Jeep. I want some additional power to help. I've built plenty of vehicles but never a diesel, so I need some help on what parts will be best for my application. So far on my list I have:

Air intake
5" turbo back DEF/cat delete
EGR delete
Intercooler tube kit
Throttle sensitivity booster
FASS (if needed)
Deep trans pan

I also have a Bully Dog GT, should I run that or go with a Mini Maxx? What would you guys add or take away from my parts list? I'm not wanting to upgrade the turbo or trans if I don't have to. Here is my truck

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!
You have got nothing on that list to support deletes on a 2013.
Hit the 2013+ section for a good read. Big$$$ at this time to preform the D word on your model year.
Good luck and save your money on the CAI for what your looking for in terms of HP.

·
Registered
75 Posts
:agree2: The bully dog won't do deletes, you'll need something else for that...

I was wondering why you need any upgrades at all? That truck has more than enough power to haul two jeeps around... But then again, if you just want to, that's a whole different story... :thumbsup: You're going to want trans tuning...

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys! What other parts would I need to support the deletes? From what I've read everyone is doing their deletes then using a programmer to turn what they deleted off in the PCM? The reason why I want to delete is I'm looking for better fuel mileage and I'm tired of buying DEF. Sorry for the noob questions, I've been reading but I guess I haven't fully understood how to mod this new diesel.

I probably don't need the power but wouldn't mind it and I want my truck to dump black smoke.
I think you will be on your own here now u till you grow up.
Your dumping black smoke is the oxymoron to having an issue with deletes.:banghead: Just Stupid!
I am out.

Reactions: Greasy12V

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, if you really want to [get the EPA mad, and give diesels a black eye] roll coal, you are going to need a lot more upgrades than you probably want to stick money into... And you won't find too many sympathetic to that goal around here... Just sayin' :buttkick:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts