Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To make a long story short I'm having to put a new MAP sensor plug on my truck but the one Dodge gaveme all the wires are blue! I didn't mark them when I cut them because like a raging moron I assumed that a OEM part would be color matched. I don't know what to do but maybe someone can help me through this. There's so many different variations that I'd never figure it out. Can someone please help me with some pictures or something. I'm a idiot when it comes to understanding wire diagrams. Sorry the pictures look so bad, my digi camera is dead so I took these w/ a IPhone.

Edit: Had to size down pictures.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Look on both plugs and see if there are numbers. Then just crimp the corresponding color to each number.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, assuming no one can help would it be safe to drive it like this to a mechanic? I don't want to have it towed or even take it to Dodge because I'm pretty sure they'll give me the third degree for this. All I really need is for someone to possibly tell me with the one with all blue wires and the clip facing down which wire goes with what? The wires on my truck are
Blue/Green stripe
Blue/Yellow stripe
Solid Blue
Pink/Yellow stripe

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look on both plugs and see if there are numbers. Then just crimp the corresponding color to each number.
Maybe I don't follow. If you look at the pictures you'll notice that I have a replacement plug that I need to buttsplice with the wires coming from the PCM. I have 4 solid blue wires that I have to figure out go to 4 colored wires. I apologize if there's something I'm missing. All the plug is labled with is "ABCD" and no colors.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Maybe I don't follow. If you look at the pictures you'll notice that I have a replacement plug that I need to buttsplice with the wires coming from the PCM. I have 4 solid blue wires that I have to figure out go to 4 colored wires. I apologize if there's something I'm missing. All the plug is labled with is "ABCD" and no colors.
Try using this picture to help. It is from an '06 but they "should" be the same. If your wire colors are different then don't use it.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try using this picture to help. It is from an '06 but they "should" be the same. If your wire colors are different then don't use it.
Thanks, it seemed to have worked. No CEL's when I started it. I owe you one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts