Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys i just purchased a turbo back dpf delete and i have been reading on here that people are having problems when they hook up an edge with the delete so i need info if i should buy edge or not buy edge cause i dont want any of these problems any info greatly appreciated thankkkkssss

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not sure how it is without the Edge, but I just installed mine with the Edge and have had zero problems! The Edge is worth the extra dough.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i have a PDI delete and an edge and have no problems.
what problems are you talking about?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ive had no problems either in fact the edge is a must Id say, I had my oil changed and the tech just started my truck right up, I got about 1 mile and the overhead says cat full service required, I turned off the truck started up after edge cleared the codes and no problems afterwards!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
guys i just purchased a turbo back dpf delete and i have been reading on here that people are having problems when they hook up an edge with the delete so i need info if i should buy edge or not buy edge cause i dont want any of these problems any info greatly appreciated thankkkkssss
Buy the Edge, you won't have any problems. You'll love the ability to clear codes on startup so you won't see the check engine light caused by the DPF delete.:thumbsup

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Buy the Edge, you won't have any problems. You'll love the ability to clear codes on startup so you won't see the check engine light caused by the DPF delete.:thumbsup
:agree2: It will save you the ding ding ding headache from the cat full message.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Yeah, edge is the best way to go.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I didn't know people were still getting the cat full message with dpf delete, i haven't yet... and i have to be closing in on 10k with it on.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I didn't know people were still getting the cat full message with dpf delete, i haven't yet... and i have to be closing in on 10k with it on.
It is still happening on occasion.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Most definately get the Edge with your new exhaust system. It is a very cool device! Well worth the money to monitor some vital engine parameters plus it's other features. I like the adjustable safety alerts. You can customize your unit to cut power if any parameters are met or exceeded.

G

·
I haven't done the DPF delete yet. Is there a vintage of these 6.7's that may happen on? Mine was produced on 6-07. But I do have the AX flash. Seems to me the AX was the flash that stopped that message.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
have you guys had any problems with your trans slipping with the delete and the edge cause my old 5.9 blew the trans

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Zero problems so far. I heard that you can break the trany if you do boosted 4x4 launches...don't abuse it in that way and you will be okay.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey rockwerx how much smoke do you get with the delete and edge

·
Registered
319 Posts
I get a decent amount with mine with just the edge on 5 and I have not put on the MP-8.

G

·
I was planning on just running the MP8, CAF, DPF and EGR Deletes. I don't need to the edge for what I do and can't justify the costs.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
hey rockwerx how much smoke do you get with the delete and edge
My truck smokes pretty good now, but not thick solid black smoke like an old Mack truck. This tells me that the engine needs more oxygen to clean up the burn. After I finish building my egr delete kit my engine will run a lot cleaner and stronger. I want the engine to burn the fuel efficiently to propel the vehicle and not waste it by over fueling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts