Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a new edge comp box, started the truck up after the install and took it for a test run and I only went to level three cause I don't have a lift pump yet. Yes I know I'm dumb but I got the chip for cheap and I just couldn't wait to get it hooked up. But any ways it ran great and I didn't run it WOT for more then a second or two. So I was headed back home and just bearly started to get into it and the truck died and won't start. Pulled it home and ran the scanner tool on it and came up with, p0122, p1639, p0234, p1689, and then the p0234 and the p1689 showed up again but said pending behind them. I just need to know what these codes mean and if my vp44 sh!t the bed :doh: . Thanks everybody who reads this and replys

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Recheck your connection at the boost sensor harness. Not sure but I think there is two different issues going on. The Injection pump codes are disturbing but need to follow the vp diagnostic checks first to verify it's working (check Moparman's or blue chip diesel's website). No start is definitely a troublesome symptom. JKidd at DAP can help you too.

·
Cummins Nut
1,531 Posts
So I installed a new edge comp box, started the truck up after the install and took it for a test run and I only went to level three cause I don't have a lift pump yet. Yes I know I'm dumb but I got the chip for cheap and I just couldn't wait to get it hooked up. But any ways it ran great and I didn't run it WOT for more then a second or two. So I was headed back home and just bearly started to get into it and the truck died and won't start. Pulled it home and ran the scanner tool on it and came up with, p0122, p1639, p0234, p1689, and then the p0234 and the p1689 showed up again but said pending behind them. I just need to know what these codes mean and if my vp44 sh!t the bed :doh: . Thanks everybody who reads this and replys
Please get a fuel pressure gauge ASAP and fill out your signature. We can better help you after we have that information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts