Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I started my truck this morning, and it ran for 15-20 minutes. The temperature was -5*F with a windchill of around -40*F. I went back out and the truck was off. The truck will start, but it will run for about 3 min. max before it shuts off. The check engine light is not on, but the Air Dog is currently not turning on- . Currently the water in the seperator is frozen solid, and I have been putting #2 diesel in the truck with Power Service additive whenever I filled up. I currently still have 3/4 of a tank of fuel left.

I am out of ideas at this point, and it is way to cold outside to be playing around. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

·
Banned
781 Posts
thats why FASS systems have a coolant passage to keep it from freezing...!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Where the heck are you at for -5 in Colorado, Grand Valley? Your best bet is getting it inside to thaw out.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I am opening up myself for ridicul, but the problem the whole time was a disconnected ground wire. :doh::banghead:

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I was gonna say I could try and help out but we are currently stuck on a frac location.lol I Love north Dakota.Yeah right.

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,750 Posts
Glad to hear you got it running again (even with it being a simple ground wire).

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was pretty cold out, so it just eing a ground wire was REALLY nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts