Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

need help. have two tuners locked on same truck

937 11
I own a diesel shop in Missouri. I have a customers truck in the shop that we were going to install a raceme tuner on. Purchased a new tuner and installed it. truck ran fine. While I was busy working on a different truck, customer showed up with a Minimax and started to download it. Truck is now dead where it sets and both tuners are locked on truck. Any advice or suggestions?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cummins Freak
3,565 Posts
When you say started to download it??? did you stop the download because from my understanding(which could be wrong) is the mini max should have overwrote the RaceMe tune!!! If you let it complete the download 100%.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Try calling H&S?:confused013:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Try disconnecting the batteries and touching the positive and negative cables together to completely discharge the system. Hook the batteries back up. Then try reloading a tune.

·
Rescue Tower
11,012 Posts
I would speak to H&S before going any further. Taking action before being informed is likely to keep piling mistakes on top of mistakes. That road ends with a new EMC and the subsequent battle of who pays for it (the customer or the shop).

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the replies. I finally got to speak to H & S. They were very helpful, and walked me through unlocking the mini max. Once that was done, the Raceme downloaded and everything went smooth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.