Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! New here, I would like to ask for some advice.
I have a 2014 ram 6.7 stock crank but no start, a bunch of codes:

P0405 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low
P0501 Vehicle Speed Sensor A Range/Performance
P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure - too Low
P0542 Intake Air Heater A Circuit High
P0201-06 Injector Circuit/ Open all 6
P0254 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control A High
P0562 System Voltage Low
U0001 High Speed CAN Communication Bus
P24A5 EGR Cooler Bypass Control Stuck bank1
P008A Low Pressure Fuel System Pressure - Too Low

Just hit 200K, bought it from auction so I don’t know the story

What was done:
New batteries
New FCA
Checked all connections tipm, ground etc
New fuel filter
Lift pump is working
EGR cleaned
Injectors resistance is 0.02 (not sure how bad it is)
Valve cover gasket harness is good

What I need to do next? Thank you for any ideas. :)

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Has it ever run for you?

If not inwould bet it was deleted and then the tune was removed. Can you tell if it is missing any parts?

Also the low fuel pressure is troublesome. A Cummins wont fire the injectors until you have 4k of rail pressure.

Need to get a scantron on there that read requested versus actual rail pressure.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hello everyone! New here and ask for advice
2014 ram 6.7 stock crank but no start bunch of codes:

P0405 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low
P0501 Vehicle Speed Sensor A Range/Performance
P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure - too Low
P0542 Intake Air Heater A Circuit High
P0201-06 Injector Circuit/ Open all 6
P0254 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control A High
P0562 System Voltage Low
U0001 High Speed CAN Communication Bus
P24A5 EGR Cooler Bypass Control Stuck bank1
P008A Low Pressure Fuel System Pressure - Too Low

Just hit 200K Bought it from auction so I don’t know the story

What was done:
New batteries
New FCA
Checked all connections tipm, ground etc
New fuel filter
Lift pump is working
EGR cleaned
Injectors resistance is 0.02 (not sure how bad it is)
Valve cover gasket harness is good

What I need to do next? Thank you for any ideas
I would disconnect both batteries and let it sit for a while. Then reconnect them and give it a shot.

I disconnected mine at the negative terminals. Pretty straight forward. I guess that's the right way

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tsconver,
No, The truck has never run for me.
There are no missing parts, but someone definitely took out the intake and fuel rail and put it back in not carefully.

RammerJam,
Batteries were disconnected for a couple of days with connected Negative and Positive cables for ECM reset, but it didn’t work.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Can you protest the sale at the auction? Many allow for that. I don't know a lot of them and I'm sure every one has different rules.

I also know that most diesels go through under what they call the "Red Light" down here.... Which means, Buyer Beware.

Good luck

·
Registered
187 Posts
Most auctions are vehicles are "sold as is" so I hope you didn't pay much for it. Just can't imagine buying a truck that I didn't know would at least start. Sounds like a can of worms to me.
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How can I check the ECM? I took it out and I put it apart, nothing bad was in there, no rust, no nothing, and there is no bad smell inside of it, the board looks good, harness seems fine.

About the Auction, it was a Dirt-Cheap deal, they did warn me that the truck needed some repairs.

Thank you guys for helping me out. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
what was the reason for it being in the auction?

start with the power low code. maybe the pcm wiring is shorting somewhere and its not getting power correctly. thats a lot of different PCM codes. probably be good to get the wiring diagram for that year and start checking wires.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
tsconver,
No, The truck has never run for me.
There are no missing parts, but someone definitely took out the intake and fuel rail and put it back in not carefully.

RammerJam,
Batteries were disconnected for a couple of days with connected Negative and Positive cables for ECM reset, but it didn’t work.
Did you look underneath? All the emission pieces there? Maybe a picture of the underside and the engine compartment.

If the rail was off likely you have a leak and that is why it will not start, as mentioned it takes 4k of pressure before it will even fire the injectors. Be careful with the high pressure stuff it can kill you. Also some will say not to but it is perfectly safe to hit it with some starting fluid. Only thing you have to do is disconnect the grid heater from the battery on the passenger side. Once it is disconnected from the heater then give it a squirt of ether and see if it fires. If it does it will likely make enough rail pressure to keep it running. Will at least tell you if it is fuel related.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts